UL 44 WVU 34

gametime

So staying true to my word, Deuce, I've stayed out of the postgame thread until now.

This was a great win for UofL, by far the biggest in program history. I didn't get to see more than the last 5 minutes of the game, so I really can't comment on the actual on-field play.

Cards fans enjoy it tonight, and then move on, the BIGGEST game in UofL football history is next week, the Cards better come ready to play, because that Rutgers defense is flat out nasty.

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was an entertaining game to watch. Truly a landmark win for Louisville. I don't think for a minute that these teams are either one top 5 teams but Louisville delivered on a national stage. There was a lot of talk about who could do what against each other's defense and I think this game proved two things: West Virginia is awful against the pass, they don't cover well and there is a reason they had no sacks for the first 6 or 7 games--they don't tackle well. The game also proved that Louisville's gaudy stats on run defense were built on a weak schedule--WVU just gashed UL running the football. I think Deuce said that there was no way that there would be 2 one hundred yard rushers against the UL D and that was laid to rest. The Cards won and were very impressive on offense but I feel like they may have been exposed a little on D. I just can't see them beating a Michigan or OSU in a title game, however, I hope they get the chance--if they can run the table they deserve it.

That was BY FAR the best, most explosive, exciting, exhilerating, emotional football game I have EVER been apart of, including my 9 years of playing days...The atmosphere was ridiculous all afternoon, from marching around the parking lot, to doing our pre-game show, to sitting right next to the 'Neer fans during the game...Brian Brohm STEPPED IT UP tonight...And who woulda thunk the Special Teams crews would have been HUGE for us? Definitley not me...

Im still on Cloud 9 right now...That was so awesome, and I wouldn't trade that game for anything...

Now, MOST importantly, onto Rutgers! :fight: :fight: :fight:

This was an entertaining game to watch. Truly a landmark win for Louisville. I don't think for a minute that these teams are either one top 5 teams but Louisville delivered on a national stage. There was a lot of talk about who could do what against each other's defense and I think this game proved two things: West Virginia is awful against the pass, they don't cover well and there is a reason they had no sacks for the first 6 or 7 games--they don't tackle well. The game also proved that Louisville's gaudy stats on run defense were built on a weak schedule--WVU just gashed UL running the football. I think Deuce said that there was no way that there would be 2 one hundred yard rushers against the UL D and that was laid to rest. The Cards won and were very impressive on offense but I feel like they may have been exposed a little on D. I just can't see them beating a Michigan or OSU in a title game, however, I hope they get the chance--if they can run the table they deserve it.

Think you're smarter than all the media and coaches, and BCS computer that put them there??? I don't. :D Just messin with ya AJG...kind of...

It's awfully quiet in here...

....Hey, somebody go out on a limb and guess how many pages long this thread would had the Cards lost...:sssh: :sssh: :sssh:

I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact that it's almost 1AM during the week.:rolleyes:

Honestly, get over yourselves....If you guys don't come out with the same intensity next week, this is all going to be for not.

It's awfully quiet in here...

....Hey, somebody go out on a limb and guess how many pages long this thread would had the Cards lost...:sssh: :sssh: :sssh:

I think everyone wore themselves out on this game, and said what they needed to say in the update thread...:D