Eating Out 2018

TAC

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Went to walts hitching post at the bottom of Kyles lane the other night. Had the fried shrimp and ribs. The shrimp were very good as well as that great rye bread. The ribs were not very meaty and definitely not fall off the bone. Brought most of them home and the next night coated them with brown sugar, honey, and butter, wrapped them in foil, then baked them at 250 for about an hour. Definite improvement on the texture and taste!

Went to walts hitching post at the bottom of Kyles lane the other night. Had the fried shrimp and ribs. The shrimp were very good as well as that great rye bread. The ribs were not very meaty and definitely not fall off the bone. Brought most of them home and the next night coated them with brown sugar, honey, and butter, wrapped them in foil, then baked them at 250 for about an hour. Definite improvement on the texture and taste!

Should have sent them back to Walt's wrapped in a job application.

• 2 weeks later...

I stopped in the Kings Diner in Ashland last Friday. It's actually in a gas station ran by a guy named Taj, who also works the kitchen. His family is from India and recently encountered racism from an EMS worker from Portsmouth Ambulance. The news picked up the story and the city got behind him, which is when I learned that they had some authentic Indian cuisine on the menu, which also features a mix of American style breakfast and lunch meals as well.

I like Gyros so I gave the curry beef gyro a try, two of them actually. I was impressed, they were cooked fresh and I had my to go order in about five minutes. The butter chicken that someone in front of me ordered looked really nice as well. I'll definitely be going back to try some of their other offerings.

• 2 weeks later...

Went to alexandria brewing last night for brew and 4 mile pig BBQ. Had the wings and they are very good with the bourbon BBQ sauce. Great smoke taste and juicy! Only thing is the wings are very small...easy to eat a dozen and need more. Beer was very good. Had an IPA with an ibv of about 145. They add 90+pounds of honey to it and it really doesn't taste that hoppy.