Eating Out 2018

TAC

Two months premature....but, the construction/reno of the Beehive, Augusta Tavern will be finished by early September. It is going to be a must visit and dine spot. Hope all you guys come to the river for a real treat this fall.

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Momma's Pickles and Mustard on Hurstbourne yesterday after moving daughter and son-in-law to a bigger apartment in the heat. Half a smoked chicken and two generous sides for ten bucks. Really good food there.

Momma's Pickles and Mustard on Hurstbourne yesterday after moving daughter and son-in-law to a bigger apartment in the heat. Half a smoked chicken and two generous sides for ten bucks. Really good food there.

I love Mommas. The other location is a bit more homely, not in a strip mall.

Nice newer apartment for my avatar; an apartment complex called Fenwick Place; just a couple of miles where they were. Downside - 19 steps to their second-floor apartment; another 15 to the loft. I'm still recuperating.

Not going out to eat but have cousins coming from Northern Kentucky that I haven't seen in years. I am Having fried pork tenderloin cover with gravey in the crock pot. Also roasting some pork tenderloin with rosemary and thyme. Fresh salad from my garden. And mashed potatoes. Home grown green beans with country ham. Home made Apple pie.

Better than going out to eat.

My wife and I celebrated our anniversary by going to the Greyhound Tavern last night. Even though I've been in the Greater Cincinnati area for over 30 years, it was my first time. Ended up getting the NY Strip. Asked the waiter how sure he was they could get it medium rare. He said he'd guarantee it. And you know what...it was. Fantastic steak cooked beautifully.

Also, the pimento cheese (with smoked Gouda) we had for an appetizer...you could spread that stuff on an old leather shoe and I'd still eat it. Great stuff!

Panegyri Greek Fest at Holy Trinity-St. Nicholas Church on Winton Road. Parked at St. X and took the free shuttle. Sampled an awful lot, but the $24 I dropped on pastries was some of the best money I ever spent.