Eating Out 2018

TAC

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today, we went to lunch at Ford's Garage - Westchase. I had the Low Carb-Uretor burger, Black Angus with caramelized onions, sautéed mushrooms, tomato, red onion, and dill pickle planks on a bed of Iceberg lettuce with no bun, and a side of broccoli. Mrs. S had the Ford's Signature, Black Angus, aged sharp cheddar Cheese, Applewood Smoked Bacon, bourbon BBQ sauce, lettuce, tomato, and red onion on a Brioche bun. That came with fries. Still on antibiotics, but they have a nice selection of craft beers.

They have started building Ford's Garage restaurants all over, down here. I know they opened one in Orlando recently and several more in the Tampa Bay Area. Worth a try if you are near one when down here.

A lovely variety of hospital food courtesy of St. Joseph's in Lexington. 6 days in ICU and another 4 on the floor got me pretty excited about home (if disgustingly healthy) cooking.

I got out of St. Joe's North in Tampa Bay the same day you went into St. Joe's in Lexington. There appears to be a big difference between St. Joe's there and the St. Joe's hospitals here. Bay Care, who owns the 3 St. Joseph's hospitals in Tampa Bay, employ trained chefs in their food services. The hospital food I had was fantastic and I was on a heart healthy menu.

• 3 weeks later...