Eating Out 2018

TAC

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had Mrs. S's birthday dinner at Daddy's Grill in Oldsmar, FL. Her favorite restaurant. She had the chicken Alfredo. I had pork chops. The rest of the horde had everything from chicken Cobb salads and grouper platters and sandwiches, to Delmonico steaks. I had 12 people and got out of there for under $250 which included a $50 tip. Can't beat that with a stick.

Went to Moe's, yesterday, for lunch. It's been a while, like 5 or 6 years. They've changed the menu slightly. Had the Earmuffs, their version of a burrito bowl, with steak. Forgot how good they are.

Last Friday, I went to Pollo Tropical for lunch. It's a chicken chain. I don't know whether you have them up there or not. Again, it's been a few years. Ordered another bowl thingy called the Tropichop. It's not exactly a burrito bowl, because you can get mac and cheese or mashed potatoes and gravy as your base, instead of rice or lettuce. It's closer to that bowl KFC has or had, but much better. In this case, I got rice, mojo pork, black beans, tomatoes, Jalapeno peppers, and salsa.

Took mom to Captain D's

She got the senior 12 piece shrimp, broccoli,and baked potato. I had the 3 piece fish and shrimp, orka, and baked potato. Mom loves eating there.

I used to eat there all of the time, when I was a single pup. The last Captain D's in the Tampa Bay area moved out more than a decade ago. Sounds like they've also changed their menu a bit.

FWIW, there are only 4 Long John Silvers left in the area and they are combined with other chains, like Taco Bell and A&W Root Beer. At one time, they were all over the place.