Bam to enter the NBA Draft and will now hire an agent

The way they do the D League now it is possible he may play some in the D League but if he is drafted in the first round he'll still make good money and he'll develop at a level and pace necessary for him to succeed in the NBA. The D League is being used very similar to how the Minors are being used for the MLB so while you are throwing shade at Bam because he didn't do what you want him to do your insult doesn't quite stick this time. :D

Exactly.

I wish people would stop saying guy XYZ is making a "bad decision" by staying in the draft, and just say "I'm upset because I want UK to be the best team possible. I don't actually care a bit about what's best for player XYZ".

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The way they do the D League now it is possible he may play some in the D League but if he is drafted in the first round he'll still make good money and he'll develop at a level and pace necessary for him to succeed in the NBA. The D League is being used very similar to how the Minors are being used for the MLB so while you are throwing shade at Bam because he didn't do what you want him to do your insult doesn't quite stick this time. :D

And Bam will be laughing all the way to the bank in that case.

Exactly.

I wish people would stop saying guy XYZ is making a "bad decision" by staying in the draft, and just say "I'm upset because I want UK to be the best team possible. I don't actually care a bit about what's best for player XYZ".

Yeah. Not good enough to play in the NBA, but definitely good enough to make your team better. :lol2:

If he is drafted last pick of the first round he will make around 1M per season and his contract is guaranteed.

:thumb:

And he is 1 year closer to his second contract.

Sure would have liked to see him come back, but wish him the best. I like his chances to be in the league for a while.

He's probably never going to be a lottery pick, but here you go.

NBA Rookie Salary Scale - By Draft Year | Basketball Insiders | NBA Rumors And Basketball News

What first round pick has significantly increased their draft position by staying in college another year? Not a rhetorical question. I know it is a bit speculative but I wonder if any player has gone from a late first round pick to the lottery or some similar increase by coming back for one more year of college.

What first round pick has significantly increased their draft position by staying in college another year? Not a rhetorical question. I know it is a bit speculative but I wonder if any player has gone from a late first round pick to the lottery or some similar increase by coming back for one more year of college.

Don't know where he was projected after his freshman year, but Tim Duncan?

Don't know where he was projected after his freshman year, but Tim Duncan?

I don't know about Duncan. To be clear on my question and point, I am looking for a player already identified as a first rounder who passes on the draft and significantly increases their draft position. There are a lot of players who significantly increased their draft position over their college careers.

Here is a good example - Kenyon Martin. Martin was probably not even projected to be drafted after his freshman year, but I am not interested in that. I am interested in where Kenyon projected in the draft after his junior year when he probably was considered a first round pick, and then comparing that with him ending up being the #1 pick.

Ultimately, I am wondering how much money any first round projected player gained by coming back for another season, and how often that happens.

I don't know about Duncan. To be clear on my question and point, I am looking for a player already identified as a first rounder who passes on the draft and significantly increases their draft position. There are a lot of players who significantly increased their draft position over their college careers.

Here is a good example - Kenyon Martin. Martin was probably not even projected to be drafted after his freshman year, but I am not interested in that. I am interested in where Kenyon projected in the draft after his junior year when he probably was considered a first round pick, and then comparing that with him ending up being the #1 pick.

Ultimately, I am wondering how much money any first round projected player gained by coming back for another season, and how often that happens.

Terrence Jones?

William Cauley-Stein.

I know how the D-League is used as in compared to Minor League Baseball.

I also know that Bam couldn't dominate some teams and was invisible at times vs teams.

If he isnt dominating in NCAA IMO, then he will have a hard time with NBA guys who are just as big, tougher, and agile as he is.

That is why I think he goes D-League.

:down: