Bam to enter the NBA Draft and will now hire an agent

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's me saying that.

I agree with you, Bam is a full grown man and didn't really get the touches he needed until late in the year. Then you saw the double doubles come, against Wichita St he had like 10-11 rebounds at halftime vs Shaq Morris.

He needs to touch up on his offensive game a touch, but remember he didn't play/practice last summer like everyone else because of injury. I think another year with Kenny Payne will do wonders.

He would have to show significant improved in a lot of areas to end up as a top 10 pick.

Which is very well possible. We been spoiled here at UK with so many freshman who come in right away with well polished games. That we seem to forget that people can improve a lot from one year to the next.

At the beginning of this year Bam sucked at rebounding the ball. By the end of the year he finally learned how to position himself better to get those rebounds. Plus developed a little hook shot he didn't have to start the year.

He improved a lot during this year. Now after playing a full season, and knowing exactly what he needs to work on. I do think it's possible for him to improve enough to go top 10. Especially with a weaker draft next year.

With that said I wouldn't blame him at all for leaving now, if he knows he will be a first rounder.

• 2 weeks later...
Oh yeah, welcome to the D-League.

The way they do the D League now it is possible he may play some in the D League but if he is drafted in the first round he'll still make good money and he'll develop at a level and pace necessary for him to succeed in the NBA. The D League is being used very similar to how the Minors are being used for the MLB so while you are throwing shade at Bam because he didn't do what you want him to do your insult doesn't quite stick this time. :D