Bam to enter the NBA Draft and will now hire an agent

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he's going 1st round (and I think he will), he's making the right decision to stay in.

Picks 1-7 make $7-12 million

Picks 8-15 make $4-6.5 million

Picks 16-21 make $3-3.8 million

Picks 22-30 make $2-2.9 million

I'm sure he will be happy with $2 million but one more season in college could result in $10 million.

If he doesn't go in the top 30, which is possible, he isn't guaranteed anything.

If he doesn't go in the top 30, which is possible, he isn't guaranteed anything.

I know how it works....

And if he comes back for that one more season in college and blows out his knee it results in nothing. Not a risk most guys (pretty much anyone) is willing to take.

I know how it works....

And if he comes back for that one more season in college and blows out his knee it results in nothing. Not a risk most guys (pretty much anyone) is willing to take.

Wrong. He would have a hefty insurance policy and still cash in with much more money than any of us will ever make.

He would have to show significant improved in a lot of areas to end up as a top 10 pick.

This. Bam is extremely unlikely to ever be a top 10 pick. End of lottery is probably his ceiling unless he completely revamps his game and develops some more athleticism...

This. Bam is extremely unlikely to ever be a top 10 pick. End of lottery is probably his ceiling unless he completely revamps his game and develops some more athleticism...

I disagree but it doesn't matter. He will likely gamble and stay in the draft regardless of what kind of advice he is given.

I disagree but it doesn't matter. He will likely gamble and stay in the draft regardless of what kind of advice he is given.

1st round pick and it's a great decision.

2nd round pick and hard to find fault with it. Making hundreds of thousands of dollars as a 19 year old....What a horrible career choice. :lol2:

Why can't we all just be honest about this stuff. We, as UK fans, want them all to come back because we want Kentucky to have the best team possible. None of us actually care what's in the best interests of the players. :lol2:

1st round pick and it's a great decision.

2nd round pick and hard to find fault with it. Making hundreds of thousands of dollars as a 19 year old....What a horrible career choice. :lol2:

Why can't we all just be honest about this stuff. We, as UK fans, want them all to come back because we want Kentucky to have the best team possible. None of us actually care what's in the best interests of the players. :lol2:

As a fan, I'd love for him to come back and play some more. As an adult who really enjoyed college, I would advise him to enjoy it while he can. The real world gets tough.

Making lots of money makes the real world significantly easier to handle.

I've discovered that it just brings on a new set of issues and concerns. I think the college years are priceless. Time is the only thing that really matters in the grand scheme of things.

Generally I am all for guys saying "see ya" and subscribe to the notion that draft stock can only be improved so much. In Bam's case, if he is a late first rounder now, it is a legit decision to weigh. Consider next season is looking to be a weak draft, especially down low and with his skill set, I think he can move up to the back third of the lottery. That is a few million dollars difference. Second contracts are nice to get to, but that is only if you secure one.