Bam to enter the NBA Draft and will now hire an agent

Where to you get that?

They'll have Humphries, Gabriel, SKJ, Wynard, Richards, Washington, and Vanderbilt. The also have a very good shot at Bamba. Where exactly is the need?

So Humphries, who can't guard, Gabriel, who can't score, SKJ and Tai, who combined for 150 minutes last season, freshman, freshman, freshman. They need Bamba or Bam, and probably both.

UNC just displayed the significance of paying the r.... post play in the tourney. I'm saying you can never have enough guys who score close to the basket.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The bottom line on all our speculation is ... Will Bam be a first round pick?

If he has strong assurances he will be a first round pick then he will and should stay in the draft. I don't think a player should go back to college if they are going to be a first-round draft pick.

The bottom line on all our speculation is ... Will Bam be a first round pick?

If he has strong assurances he will be a first round pick then he will and should stay in the draft. I don't think a player should go back to college if they are going to be a first-round draft pick.

IMO, he's a lock.

Would you turn down the guarantee of making multi-millions of $$ at the age of 18?

As with all of these things, a lot goes into it. Would I have turned it down? Probably not, especially given that I'm confident that if I could make a few million dollars a year for even three years that I could leverage that into never having to work again the rest of my life. Does Bam, or others in his peer group, have the discipline to do the same? I have no idea.

But the presumption there is that there is the potential that Bam could get only the rookie contract and then be done, headed overseas. If he came back and developed a little, he could easily make up that one lost year by improving his stock. That's a risk, of course, and that's one of the things that goes into the decisions these guys have to make. Take a look at this link (admittedly a bit old but paints the picture) - NBA Rookie Salary Scale - By Draft Year | Basketball Insiders | NBA Rumors And Basketball News - the difference between the #30 and #12 pick is roughly double. If Bam could work his way up there, then he could easily recoup that one lost year. It's just a matter of how much risk he's willing to take.

Also, despite your assertions about where Bam is going - and I've seen several mock drafts that have him in the first round but several that don't as well - the fact he didn't hire an agent tells me that he was likely advised that he wasn't a first round lock. And if he doesn't go in the first round, then he's in real trouble, and doesn't have that "guarantee" of making multi-millions.

He has good form on his shot. Obviously he has a build that is ready for the nba. NBA drafts on potential. Teams may think with him only focusing on basketball every day, that he can reach his potential.

Imo he is very athletic too, more so than we got to see this year and could guard the 4 spot. Imo he is better than WCS was after his freshman year and we saw what he became. He doesn't have to come back to get better. He can get better by going to the NBA too. The only thing coming back will do is possibly improve his draft position if that is what he is worried about.

I know no one will agree with this, but I'm saying he won'y be in the NBA next year.

Time will tell.

I don't know if it means anything or not but the UK Men's Basketball 17-18 wikipedia page has Bam listed on the roster for next season, with all the ones that's declaring for the NBA draft, including Briscoe, marked as departures.

217–18 Kentucky Wildcats men's basketball team - Wikipedia

Probably because the others have signed agents and Bam hasn't yet, so he still has the opportunity to return.

I'll still be very surprised if he returns, but one thing working in Kentucky's favor in that regard is guys like Zach Collins of Gonzaga and Jarrett Allen of Texas both signing with agents. Both are projected to go lottery and ahead of Bam. The more high-level bigs that stay in the draft, the better the chances of a return IMO.