Just watched an hour of the Sessions confirmation hearing

All Tell

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What far more important things is this smoke screen of an issue overshadowing?

Are all the cabinet posts approved? Is someone funneling money when they shouldn't? Did Schumer pull strings to let a sexual preditor into the country? Who is leaking confidential information? Why are they leaking confidential information?

I've read that it was expected that he would talk to Russian ambassadors as part of being on the Armed Services Committee.

There are 26 senators on that committee. Reports say that 25 of them never met with any Russian officials last year.

Could be completely innocent but combined with all of the other smoke....

These reports still saying this?

VOR I have a very serious question. Do you think this man lied intentionally? Do you not think he was answering this question in the context of the question about Russian interference in the election?

What would be very telling is how this info came to light. Now after reading this article its easy to see how.

As has been stated in other situations like this, it is the coverup that gets you more than the actual act. This is all about what he said (or didn't say) under oath before Congress.

Two things:

1. Do you think Sessions did any preparation before his appearance before Congress? If he didn't spend hours upon hours considering what would be asked and preparing how to answer, then he is not fit to be Attorney General. This is a man who is an attorney and prosecutor. He is a Senator who has been through these hearings untold number of times. With all the focus on Russia and hacking, there is zero chance he did not consider every angle and Russian connection that he might be asked about. It is inconceivable to me that he completely forgot. And if he did not prepare like I said, he is a sorry excuse of an attorney, let alone Attorney General.

2. Let's pretend he somehow did not prepare for his testimony and somehow forgot about talking with the Russians. After testifying before Congress, what should happen is you go back and review what you said. If you find something you may have said incorrectly, you correct the record. Sessions and his team had a month to review the record, think about what he said and correct the record. He didn't do that either.

Now, do you think he lied?

As has been stated in other situations like this, it is the coverup that gets you more than the actual act. This is all about what he said (or didn't say) under oath before Congress.

Two things:

1. Do you think Sessions did any preparation before his appearance before Congress? If he didn't spend hours upon hours considering what would be asked and preparing how to answer, then he is not fit to be Attorney General. This is a man who is an attorney and prosecutor. He is a Senator who has been through these hearings untold number of times. With all the focus on Russia and hacking, there is zero chance he did not consider every angle and Russian connection that he might be asked about. It is inconceivable to me that he completely forgot. And if he did not prepare like I said, he is a sorry excuse of an attorney, let alone Attorney General.

2. Let's pretend he somehow did not prepare for his testimony and somehow forgot about talking with the Russians. After testifying before Congress, what should happen is you go back and review what you said. If you find something you may have said incorrectly, you correct the record. Sessions and his team had a month to review the record, think about what he said and correct the record. He didn't do that either.

Now, do you think he lied?

No I dont think he lied here VOR. I also dont understand what the charges are besides the D's are on the lying train. Why are we fighting over Russia? Think about it.

No I dont think he lied here VOR. I also dont understand what the charges are besides the D's are on the lying train. Why are we fighting over Russia? Think about it.

The charges are he lied under oath.

So you are going with option B - Sessions is incompetent. i.e. He completely botched preparing for and reviewing his own testimony.

Why are many Republicans in Congress spending so much time and energy investigating Russia's actions?

The charges are he lied under oath.

So you are going with option B - Sessions is incompetent. i.e. He completely botched preparing for and reviewing his own testimony.

Why are many Republicans in Congress spending so much time and energy investigating Russia's actions?

These are your options. I am going with he answered in the train of thought that anyone would have.

Why did the Republicans fight Trump so hard during the election? Come on VOR this is to easy not to see. As long as these people keep this up, Trump is gaining voters. Write it down. People are tired of this and the way things have been. Thats why there is a Trump. The voters are not listening to this garbage. Wait and see. Time will tell.

These are your options. I am going with he answered in the train of thought that anyone would have.

Why did the Republicans fight Trump so hard during the election? Come on VOR this is to easy not to see. As long as these people keep this up, Trump is gaining voters. Write it down. People are tired of this and the way things have been. Thats why there is a Trump. The voters are not listening to this garbage. Wait and see. Time will tell.

Completely blow off and don't think about the scenario I laid out. Those aren't my facts. Those two options are the way it is. You are a logical guy. Think it through.

I agree with you that the voters are sick of all this. Unfortunately, it isn't going to end and Trump needs to try and rise above it. I just don't know if he is capable of it.

As to the Russians, the threat is real. France and Germany are facing the same Russian interference in their elections right now. Putin is just as bad, perhaps worse, than the nutjob in North Korea. He has assassinated numerous opponents. He wants to rebuild the Soviet Union. He is a career politician who somehow is now worth billions ... speculation starts at $40 billion and runs as high as $200 billion.

I hope the lesson that Trump takes away from this manufactured scandal is that appeasing anti-American liberals by throwing one of your own to the wolves only encourages them. Trump throwing GEN Flynn under the bus was the first big mistake of his presidency. The question is, will he continue to make the same mistake, or will he start playing offense?

Donald Trump brands Democrats ‘hypocrites’ over Russian links 

"I'll open a military secret for you - it's the diplomats' jobs to have contacts in the country they are posted to."

Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov said Mr Kislyak was doing his job meeting senior US officials.

He added: "This strongly resembles a witch hunt or the times of McCarthyism which we thought were long over in the United States as a civilised country."

Steve Hall, former former chief of Russian operations for the CIA, said: "Ambassador Kislyak is clearly an aggressive guy, getting out there and talking to as many people as he possibly can, that's what Vladimir Putin wants him to do."

Mr Hall added: "It's an interesting effect he had on people. They have meetings with him and then they forget. It's pretty amazing."

Exactly, so what's the problem then? I'm trying to contain my disdain for the obstruction party but my patience is wearing very thin.

:lol2: have to laugh at that one Fear. When have you ever contained your disdain?? :lol2: :thumb:

I hope the lesson that Trump takes away from this manufactured scandal is that appeasing anti-American liberals by throwing one of your own to the wolves only encourages them. Trump throwing GEN Flynn under the bus was the first big mistake of his presidency. The question is, will he continue to make the same mistake, or will he start playing offense?

Ironic that you call Liberals anti-American when Trump reps are being accused of rubbing elbows with Russian reps.

All of this Sessions stuff has killed the momentum Trump got from his speech. :lol2:

I still like my timeline @Jesse James. Healthcare debate hasn't even started.

Having 5 cabinet nominees lie under oath or not understand the question asked is a self-manufactured distraction in today's world. This story is not a press issue. It's on the administration. Could be 100% innocent in their actions and the law but lying ALWAYS catches people's attention.

The question asked of him was did he meet with the Russian to discuss the campaign.. That answer was no.. There was no secret meeting or anything.. The first meeting was arranged by the Obama administration and numerous people were present.. The second meeting was open also.. Half of Congress has meet with the Russian Ambassador from time to time.. Let it go!!