Just watched an hour of the Sessions confirmation hearing

All Tell

Why didn't Loretta Lynch take herself off the Clinton case after meeting with Bill at Airport.

I know why. Hypocrite Dems.

Bill Clinton lied on the stand.

Hypocrite Dems.

You all are below embarrassing with views.

I agree, now does that make Sessions ok? Hypocrisy?

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, now does that make Sessions ok? Hypocrisy?

Just explain what Sessions did was wrong.

He met with Russian Ambassador with others with Intelligence Committee he was on while Senator and they came up and congrats to him.

He didn't meet with Russia by himself

Your reading or hearing all the fake news that the Dems want you to believe. Can't you see that, I know,your smart. You are being lied to.

Just explain what Sessions did was wrong.

He met with Russian Ambassador with others with Intelligence Committee he was on while Senator and they came up and congrats to him.

He didn't meet with Russia by himself

Your reading or hearing all the fake news that the Dems want you to believe. Can't you see that, I know,your smart. You are being lied to.

I have not read one thing about this other than headlines from several news sources and not one news show. I don't watch CNN, MSN, Fox, anything other than sports or the occasional comedy. I was at my mom's, she had it on, and I thought he was lying watching/listening to him. Simple as that. I don't profess to be an expert, but I can make my own opinions by listening to what I hear.

From what I heard I believe he talked to the Russian ambassador about the election.

I have not read one thing about this other than headlines from several news sources and not one news show. I don't watch CNN, MSN, Fox, anything other than sports or the occasional comedy. I was at my mom's, she had it on, and I thought he was lying watching/listening to him. Simple as that. I don't profess to be an expert, but I can make my own opinions by listening to what I hear.

From what I heard I believe he talked to the Russian ambassador about the election.

I guess we will just disagree then. Sessions is a good man. He did nothing wrong.

In the interview, Sessions detailed his two encounters last year with Kislyak, one of which happened during the Republican Convention in Cleveland this past July.

"I spoke at the Republican convention at a conference with some 50 ambassadors," Sessions recalled. "After I spoke, I walked down from the podium and mingled with a number of people and we met at that occasion and had a chat, and I left shortly thereafter."

Sessions said the other, more involved discussion with Kislyak took place Sept. 8 in his office and was one of several meetings he took with foreign ambassadors as a senior member of the Senate Armed Services Committee.

"We talked about a number of issues. One of them was the Ukraine and we had a disagreement over that," the attorney general said. "The Ukrainian ambassador had been into my office for a meeting the day before, and so we had a little disagreement over the Ukrainian issue. So we had a number of discussions like that."

Sessions said the meeting with Kislyak in his office was witnessed by two of his senior staffers, whom he described as "non-political."

"I don’t believe there’s anything wrong with a United States senator meeting with an ambassador from Russia," he said. "I learned something perhaps in that meeting – I usually did – and so that’s what happened. Ambassadors were coming by to see me pretty often."

SESSIONS: I don't recall and don't have a sense of any connection whatsoever about that. I'm not sure I even knew what — when we set up the meeting what was going to be going on in the world at the time, so I can't speak for what the Russian ambassador may have had in his mind.

I just submitted four examples of why I think he was lying from the transcript I googled and this is what I watched.

You know you are going to a meeting with the press on national tv and you are not prepared to give definitive answers. He's a lawyer he knows how to play this game. Jeff Sessions is no dummy, but I believe he is a liar.

First, about the comments that I made to the committee that have been said to be incorrect and false, let me be clear. I never had meetings with Russian operatives or Russian intermediaries about the Trump campaign. And the idea that I was part of a quote, “continuing exchange of information” during the campaign between Trump surrogates and intermediaries for the Russian government is totally false.

Franken, Sessions said, went to great lengths to explain a news story about continual Russian contact with the Trump campaign when asking about any relevant discussions on Sessions' part.

"My answer went straight to that," Sessions said, reiterating that he never had any contact with Russian officials regarding the Trump campaign while he was a surrogate.

Sessions did confirm to Carlson that he met Kislyak twice in other capacities: once in his office as a member of the Senate Armed Services Committee, and another after he spoke at the Republican National Convention, when several dignitaries were around greeting him.

"I don't believe anybody that was in that [senate office] meeting would have seen that I [did] one thing that was improper," Sessions said.

Here is why all this is Fake News. Here is the question and why Sessions answers the way he did.

Sessions didn't talk to Russians as a Trump surrogate.

FRANKEN: OK. CNN has just published a story and I’m telling you this about a news story that’s just been published. I’m not expecting you to know whether or not it’s true or not. But CNN just published a story alleging that the intelligence community provided documents to the president-elect last week that included information that quote, “Russian operatives claimed to have compromising personal and financial information about Mr. Trump.” These documents also allegedly say quote, “There was a continuing exchange of information during the campaign between Trump’s surrogates and intermediaries for the Russian government.”

Now, again, I’m telling you this as it’s coming out, so you know. But if it’s true, it’s obviously extremely serious and if there is any evidence that anyone affiliated with the Trump campaign communicated with the Russian government in the course of this campaign, what will you do?

SESSIONS: Senator Franken, I’m not aware of any of those activities. I have been called a surrogate at a time or two in that campaign and I didn’t have – did not have communications with the Russians, and I’m unable to comment on it.