Just watched an hour of the Sessions confirmation hearing

All Tell

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So...most people are not at all bothered that Mrs. DeVos was totally lost on basic education concepts? That she looked completely incompetent?

I wouldn't trust her to watch my dog let alone the DoE OR shutting down the DoE.

Like I said I hope they brought her in to shut it down. It's time government waste stops.

Like I said I hope they brought her in to shut it down. It's time government waste stops.

Do you believe she'd be able to manage that?

The DoE doesn't have an off/on switch. A lot would go into shutting it down as well. It would probably be much harder to actually do that.

It's an easy answer to say that you hope she is brought in to get rid of the department. It seems that it can be used as a deflection strategy to avoid whether or not she is suited for the task.

Do you believe she'd be able to manage that?

The DoE doesn't have an off/on switch. A lot would go into shutting it down as well. It would probably be much harder to actually do that.

It's an easy answer to say that you hope she is brought in to get rid of the department. It seems that it can be used as a deflection strategy to avoid whether or not she is suited for the task.

:thumb:

I am most troubled by the exchange between Kaine and her. She had no clue about IDEA or the accountability to the public who have special needs issues. She's never had to deal with it because her world seemingly has no such problems.

Now the "Bear" analogy was without a doubt the dumbest thing I've heard. Even tops Palin's "I can see Russia from here." (Cause we really know what she meant.)

I literally just saw a commercial about Jeff Sessions wanting people to call their senator voicing their support for him. Not sure it means anything but I don't ever remember seeing a commercial asking people to call their senator regarding a cabinet appointment...

• 1 month later...

Mr Sessions is under some heat. Reports say that he lied under oath regarding meeting with Russians. He initially said he had never met with them. Intelligence reports now show he met with them twice. He's saying it had nothing to do with the campaign.

Probably a story that's not going away soon.

Mr Sessions is under some heat. Reports say that he lied under oath regarding meeting with Russians. He initially said he had never met with them. Intelligence reports now show he met with them twice. He's saying it had nothing to do with the campaign.

Probably a story that's not going away soon.

If true this is not good news for Sessions. Could cost him his position.

Chuck Schumer made an announcement before the press that due to the latest revelations that Sessions needs to recuse himself from an investigation of Russian involvement in the US election because he himself may be a person that is investigated. He's asking for a private investigator.

The left really needs to spare us the phony outrage over everything they consider a lie.. There was none of this outrage over the continual lies from the previous administration..

I kind of agree to your overall point, but maybe when the chief law enforcement officer perjures himself it should probably be discussed. Maybe a little more so when the lie under oath involves his potential role in an investigation he should otherwise be heading. And maybe a little more when the investigation involves our good friends in Russia.

I say investigate it. If Session is right on what he says then leave him alone. This smells of dirty politics. Especially on the heels of the speech. I think everyone can agree to this.

I will say this. I am for a investigation of whats happening 2 miles away from the white house. If what I feel is taking place, some people who are undermining the USA need to go to jail. Better yet, hung. I am dead serious too. Whats going on by all parties is not very healthy for us as a country. While the higher ups play, normal citizens suffer from this stuff. Time to stop.

Unless something else comes out my guess is this is not going to result in Mr Sessions losing his position.

Did Jeff Sessions Lie Under Oath or Perjure Himself? | Law News

This was a timed hit piece and a sad attempt at that. He was a Senator on the Armed Service commitee who met with Ambassadors from 20 different countries in 2016.

The fake hysteria on twitter was comical though.