Just watched an hour of the Sessions confirmation hearing

All Tell

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I don't get is if people keep deflecting to some other person's egregious sins, at what point are we allowed to say anything about anyone or hold any government official accountable?

I completely get where you're coming from with this Hatz, but I think it's important to point out.

There are numerous posters on here who have for years clamored on about how middle of the road, unbiased, and impartial they are. President Trump's election has proven them to be massive hypocrites who are falling over themselves as the rush to attack and criticize every single misstep he makes while they turned a blind eye to those same missteps in the past.

The Russian Ambassador seems pretty popular around D.C. Several Dem. members of Congress now have admitted meeting with him and he was a regular at the white house having visited there over 20 times during Obamas years.. Very much ado over nothing...

I get on the surface why this seems shady by the short clips being floated. I am not naive. The problem is if you watched the entire hearing you know the question was being directed toward Trump's campaign and any shady dealings with Russia they may of had. Call me crazy but I'm guessing Sessions isn't thinking about offical dealings with a Russian Ambassador in his role as Senator as some closed door shady meeting on behalf of Trump.

The proof is the amount of politicians in both parties who met with same ambassador. I get the optics and "gotcha culture" but this is another example of the "fake news" culture.

Did Jeff Sessions meet with the ambassador of Russia? Yes. The fake part is the spin tied to the story and ignoring his job and committee as a U.S. Senator.

A serious question you have to ask, would the media react the same if this were Eric Holder or Loretta Lynch. We have examples to prove they wouldn't. Instead of attacking it was culture of excuse making or actually doing the complete story before conclusions.

Valerie Jarret, yes you guessed it, has moved in with the Obamas at their DC home.. Seems odd for a grown woman with plenty of money to move in with another couple... Home base for undermining the new Administration...

Add where ever you found that information to the list of fake news outlets. Anyone who bit on this fake story, your media source is providing you fake news.

I get on the surface why this seems shady by the short clips being floated. I am not naive. The problem is if you watched the entire hearing you know the question was being directed toward Trump's campaign and any shady dealings with Russia they may of had. Call me crazy but I'm guessing Sessions isn't thinking about offical dealings with a Russian Ambassador in his role as Senator as some closed door shady meeting on behalf of Trump.

The proof is the amount of politicians in both parties who met with same ambassador. I get the optics and "gotcha culture" but this is another example of the "fake news" culture.

Did Jeff Sessions meet with the ambassador of Russia? Yes. The fake part is the spin tied to the story and ignoring his job and committee as a U.S. Senator.

A serious question you have to ask, would the media react the same if this were Eric Holder or Loretta Lynch. We have examples to prove they wouldn't. Instead of attacking it was culture of excuse making or actually doing the complete story before conclusions.

Have not read the spin, just don't do that or watch the news outlets. I saw the whole thing as HE said it and made up my mind. No spin to it. He is lying IMO.

The Russian Ambassador seems pretty popular around D.C. Several Dem. members of Congress now have admitted meeting with him and he was a regular at the white house having visited there over 20 times during Obamas years.. Very much ado over nothing...

This is not about Obama, Hilary, Bill etc. This thread is about Sessions. If you want to discuss their lying start the thread.