Just watched an hour of the Sessions confirmation hearing

All Tell

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whatever. Don't let me see you be one of the ones saying John Lewis doesn't do anything for the black community/inner cities.

I don't think I said that nor what that has to do with me thinking the Federal government is to large and has it hands in areas it shouldn't.

DeVos does not like public schools. If she gets rid of the Department of Education please tell me how public schools will survive. Putting her in charge of the Department of Education is akin to putting me in charge of the KKK.

Wow hot fire takes and it's barley noon. But where do you think a majority of funds come from for public education? Even if some funding needs to continue at the Federal level for a period of time such as the free lunch program that can be consolidated into another department and the federal government can get out of policy making on education.

Here's a spectacular quote from the book I'm currently reading (a Reacher novel by Lee Child):

"You ever notice how the folks who talk loudest about small government always seem to live in the states with the biggest subsidies? Small government would kill them dead."

Not a universally shared opinion, I realize.

Couldn't remember.

I would never assume that a person who voted for Donald J Trump was "OK" with sexually assaulting women, generalizing about dark skin people, etc. They voted for DJT for a reason or many reasons.

Same for me with HRC. Well, really just one reason. She wasn't DJT. Doesn't mean I am "cool" with any particular thing she did/stands for.

It's why it's silly for posters to always say "well you must be OK with.... because you voted for ....."

Here! Here! I second this post! I, too, voted HTC to keep DJT out of the WH. Oh, and because I knew it would tick off the majority of BGP posters in this forum. Didn't work to keep DJT out of the WH, but my other goal appears to have been on point. :D

DeVos was abysmal. Even if you think the DoE should be eliminated, I'd think you'd at least want someone competent overseeing it.

I like the idea of having someone in office who believes in parental choice and less so that the government owns the student. I believe in competition in almost every realm of life.

This. We need to get rid of these unnecessary Federal departments and put more power into the state's hands.

Oh, yay! Governor Bevin would be in charge of KY schools. Can't wait for that fun to begin... I am upping my contributions to my grandkids' educational accounts.

Here's a spectacular quote from the book I'm currently reading (a Reacher novel by Lee Child):

"You ever notice how the folks who talk loudest about small government always seem to live in the states with the biggest subsidies? Small government would kill them dead."

Not a universally shared opinion, I realize.

I live in Ohio I don't know where they rank but I'm pretty sure Ohio would be ok with asmall federal government.

Oh, yay! Governor Bevin would be in charge of KY schools. Can't wait for that fun to begin... I am upping my contributions to my grandkids' educational accounts.

I'm sure lots of state's have leadership that a decent number of their citizen's have little faith in. That doesn't change my stance that we need much less Federal involvement in things, specifically things that can or could be handled at the local levels.

FWIW, I did not, and can't imagine I ever would, vote for Gov. Bevin.

I'm sure lots of state's have leadership that a decent number of their citizen's have little faith in. That doesn't change my stance that we need much less Federal involvement in things, specifically things that can or could be handled at the local levels.

FWIW, I did not, and can't imagine I ever would, vote for Gov. Bevin.

We actually have a real life example wig what we could expect of Governor Bevin. Been following the UL situation.

So...most people are not at all bothered that Mrs. DeVos was totally lost on basic education concepts? That she looked completely incompetent?

I wouldn't trust her to watch my dog let alone the DoE OR shutting down the DoE.

This.