Just watched an hour of the Sessions confirmation hearing

All Tell

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you cant provide anything? Its a pretty serious claim imo to call someone racist...and before someone does it they should have some proof.

If the fact that he was denied a federal judgeship because of it isn't proof enough for you then why should I waste my time providing you with anything? I'm not making that up. He was denied a federal judgeship because of concerns about his racist ways. I really don't know what else's to tell you if that isn't enough.

So you cant provide anything? Its a pretty serious claim imo to call someone racist...and before someone does it they should have some proof.

This is all I am giving you. There is plenty more and it is all out there for the world to see.

https://assets.documentcloud.org/documents/3259988/Scott-King-1986-Letter-and-Testimony-Signed.pdf

This is all I am giving you. There is plenty more and it is all out there for the world to see.

https://assets.documentcloud.org/documents/3259988/Scott-King-1986-Letter-and-Testimony-Signed.pdf

This is an opinion page and while based on factual events that occurred, the perspective is clearly slanted. In no way, throughout this statement paper, are any facts presented that demonstrate the allegations levied by Ms. King, just her opinion.

I'll concede that this is information to be considered, but you have to answer this one very simple question:

If this was so important to the wife of Dr. King, that she saw fit to write a letter opposing this situation, what could possibly have been a more important matter that didn't allow her to present the information in person....pretty sure that wouldn't have been her husband's stance...and given that she invoked his name numerous times, I would have thought this would have meant something more to her than just writing a letter....but's that's easier because you don't have to be in person to say these things.

If the fact that he was denied a federal judgeship because of it isn't proof enough for you then why should I waste my time providing you with anything? I'm not making that up. He was denied a federal judgeship because of concerns about his racist ways. I really don't know what else's to tell you if that isn't enough.

Provide a link describing exactly why he wasn't given the position...let us all read it from an unbiased source.

Provide a link describing exactly why he wasn't given the position...let us all read it from an unbiased source.

Most of what was brought up back then was by a former assistant that accused him of making insensitive comments.

Several of his current and former coworkers testified this week that they never saw anything like that out of him.

Sessions has a record of prosecuting the KKK, fighting gerrymandering of districts based on race and fought to ensure integration of schools in Alabama.

Most of what was brought up back then was by a former assistant that accused him of making insensitive comments.

Several of his current and former coworkers testified this week that they never saw anything like that out of him.

Sessions has a record of prosecuting the KKK, fighting gerrymandering of districts based on race and fought to ensure integration of schools in Alabama.

I'm still waiting on any proof he's a racist.

I'm still waiting on any proof he's a racist.

What kind of proof do you want? Proof he was denied the judgeship because of concerns about him being racist or do you want proof that he was racist? Two different things and we already know in 2017 that unless you say the N word then you aren't racist. I don't have proof he said the N word so if that is the proof you want let me know so I won't have to bombard you with links describing why he was denied a federal judgeship.

This is an opinion page and while based on factual events that occurred, the perspective is clearly slanted. In no way, throughout this statement paper, are any facts presented that demonstrate the allegations levied by Ms. King, just her opinion.

I'll concede that this is information to be considered, but you have to answer this one very simple question:

If this was so important to the wife of Dr. King, that she saw fit to write a letter opposing this situation, what could possibly have been a more important matter that didn't allow her to present the information in person....pretty sure that wouldn't have been her husband's stance...and given that she invoked his name numerous times, I would have thought this would have meant something more to her than just writing a letter....but's that's easier because you don't have to be in person to say these things.

I linked you the letter that Corretta Scott King wrote to the state of Alabama about why Jeff Sessions shouldn't become a federal judge in Alabama. I googled Corretra Scott King Jeff Sessions letter and once I was able to get a full copy of the letter then I linked it. If it links to the website then my bad. I only wanted to link the full letter that she wrote. Everybody loves MLK so I figured her voice and pen may be sufficient enough seeing as how she was in Alabama when Sessions was there.

There are plenty of links out there. Tons. Since you want me to use the google machine for you how about you let me know who your favorite unbiased source is and I'll see if they have a good enough link for you. The information is out there and ain't going anywhere. Never figured you to be this lazy for me to do the work for you.