Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mitch Rapp

Suspended
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Mitch Rapp

  1. Spoiler alert!!! Computer geek satire at its best. :lol2:
  2. Of the recent computers that I have owned, I have been most satisfied with those made by Dell and Lenovo. I currently own a Lenovo TS140 Thinkserver, which I use as a desktop, and a Lenovo Thinkpad 13 Chromebook. The build quality and "feel" of both machines is as good as anything I have ever used. I also own a Samsung laptop, which is a piece of junk, and a low-end Toshiba laptop, which is not bad but has some issues. I have a government issue HP laptop with docks at work and home that I am not happy with, but it has so much security software loaded on it, it is hard to evaluate. I will personally never buy another HP or Samsung computer. If you can afford it, I highly recommend installing an SSD and installing Windows and your applications on it, along with more than 8 GB of memory memory.
  3. The video did not explain how the passenger captured the hostile UFO, nor does it say whether the passenger has released it. Seriously, how hard can it be to overlay a blurry object onto a video with software such as Adobe Premiere? I suspect the UFO is fake because I believe that the videographer knows what it is. I am prepared to have my mind changed if the person who took the video can produce the pilot of the captured vessel.
  4. When one player dominates the ball, he turns everybody else into spectators. If JC does not develop more balance, they will suffer an embarrassing tournament exit at some point. JC has the talent to be a much better team than it is right now.
  5. I have not tried the slow cooker version of Kalua Pig, but the Instant Pot pressure cooker version was very good and very simple to make. Slow Cooker Kalua Pig 5 pound Boston butt roast bone-in or out—it doesn’t matter) 3 slices of bacon 1½ tablespoons of Alaea Red Hawaiian Coarse Sea Salt (or ~1 tablespoon of Alaea Red Hawaiian Fine Sea Salt) 5 peeled garlic cloves (optional)
  6. Try cleaning the contacts of the SD card with a Q-Tip moistened with isopropyl alcohol first. If that doesn't work, then try the following tip from Tom's Hardware: Lg G3 SD Card not recognized any more I got a new Moto G 4th Generation about a month ago that would not read any SIM card, so I returned it to Amazon. The replacement worked fine. The Moto G has a poorly designed SIM card slot that does not always make contact with the card. Hopefully, the problem that you are having with your phone is with the card or a software issue and not a design flaw with the phone. I tried several suggestions to make my first phone read a SIM card and had no luck.
  7. Johnson Central and Belfry are as even as two teams can get. Johnson Central doubled the total yards of offense that Belfry had but the Pirates made more big plays in the red zone. Computer rankings have algorithms and once humans start injecting their judgment into the rankings, then you might as well go to a paper ballot system involving polling. I would switch Belfry and Johnson Central based on the head to head result, but I understand why computer rankings do not so. A few years ago, Johnson Central dominated a Louisville Central team at home. Belfry beat Johnson Central and then lost to Central in the state finals. Would you have ranked Johnson Central ahead of state 3A champion, Central? CalPreps has Belfry ranked lower than JC because of the margin of its loss to a Tennessee team, versus the closeness of the JC game - and JC's dominance over Ashland, Wayne Country, and Franklin-Simpson. If Belfry's loss had been by a small margin or if Belfry had finished undefeated, then the win over JC would have placed Belfry over JC. No system is perfect, but CalPreps generally does the best job of picking winners and losers of any of the popular computer rankings, IMO.
  8. Ever heard of an Indiana school named Warren Central? They have fielded some great 6A teams over the years with an offense that is just as run oriented as Johnson Central. For years I have read comments here that:Johnson Central would never win a state 4A title until they scrapped their offense in favor of a balanced attack like Highlands has. Now that they have won a title in dominating fashion, the bar has been raised and the comments are now that they could never compete with good 6A teams without a more balanced offense. A well coached team with outstanding linemen and skill players will always be competitive in any class. Like Warren Central's great teams, this Johnson Central team passed enough to keep defenses honest and had 219 passing yards against Belfry, which defended the pass very well this season - and that was with a freshman quarterback. Teams that discount Johnson Central's ability to pass the ball the next few years are going to be disappointed. Did you really have South Warren ranked fifth in all classes in the preseason? :-)
  9. I was referring to @Tommy2tone's rankings and the tendency for some western Kentucky members to exaggerate the quality of Franklin-Simpson's competition. Had John Hardin, Hopkinsville, or any of the other western Kentucky teams that Franklin-Simpson vanquished met Johnson Central in the finals, the result would have been the same that it was for the Golden Eagle's district opponents this season. I agree that Franklin Simpson was the second best team in 4A, but based on a comparison of scores, I don't think that there was any real difference in the overall strength of the 4A teams in the east and west, except for Johnson Central. Too many based their impression of Johnson Central on the injury riddled team that lost to South Warren in the 2015 title game. South Warren was the top 4A team in 4A last season, but IMO, a healthy Johnson Central was the second best team in 4A last season and they were a very young team. Next season should be a great season for JC, but the young linemen will have some very big shoes to fill.
  10. @Tommy2tone might also reconsider the rest of his rankings. Apparently teams like Ashland, Wayne County, Knott County Central, Mercer County, and Greenup County were not quite the cupcakes that many in western Kentucky assumed that they were. Johnson Central made quite a few teams look bad this season that would have held their own against Franklin-Simpson's schedule.
  11. Freshman Cody Rice is averaging 12.9 ypc this season.
  12. This is exactly right. When you get an early running clock it keeps the final margin down, especially with a team like Johnson Central that runs the ball so much. JC had running clocks against both Ashland and Wayne County early in the second quarter and only scored two more times in each of those games.
  13. I am currently casting the KHSAA audio feed from a Chromebook to my TV through a Chromecast, but I should be able to stream it through Chrome from an Android phone just as easily. Just open your web browser and navigate to the KHSAA radio link.
  14. Everything was flawless for me up until late in the fourth quarter, when I lost the audio. I tried everything but rebooting but all I got was static.
  15. I've not seen Hazard play this season. I never expected them to get past Pikeville and Paintsville.
  16. I like Hazard's chances in this game. Solid wins over both Pikeville and Paintsville has given the Bulldogs plenty of momentum and confidence.
  17. Johnson Central has played a much stronger schedule than Franklin Simpson and its only loss was a narrow one to one of the top 10 teams in the state. I predict a three touchdown win for the Golden Eagles but if JC gets out of the gates quickly, this game could turn ugly.
  18. What I know if the John Hardin has lost to every strong opponent that they have faced this season, and also lost to North Hardin. Playing a strong schedule is great, but at some point a championship team exceeds expectations. Maybe that time will finally arrive for the Bulldogs on Friday night, when it will enter the game as an underdog.
  19. I know what he said, but my point is that Hopkinsville hung with CC and JH did not. Christian County was not the powerhouse that many want to believe. CalPreps has them ranked #17 in the state, just two spots above Franklin-Simpson. The number of teams in 4A that could compete with CC on a given night is probably at least a half dozen, including JH. JH's loss to CC was a bad one (because of the margin), as was its loss to North Hardin. I hope that JH beats FS, because they have not beaten any team yet that was favored over them. They are due for an upset win.
  20. Hopkinsville lost to Christian County by one and Hopkinsville is watching the 4A playoffs at home.
  21. John Hardin did not just lose to those teams, they were dominated. At least JH played a strong schedule, which is more than can be said for Franklin-Simpson.
  22. I don't think the #1 team in 4A will have any trouble with John Hardin. 34-7 is my prediction.
  23. Ashland might have a slightly better chance at an upset because they know that they stand no chance if they stick to their regular playbook. Been there, done that, and got hammered. Russell will not know for sure that it cannot win until a few minutes have ticked off the clock. That may be too late to resort to desperate, out of the box thinking.
  24. Offer to have your spouse vouch for you. It is not legal yet to marry a robot and a robot could not pass the required blood test without cheating.
  25. Ram, it would be great if members would include call letters with the station listings. For example: Johnson Central Radio: 98.9 FM, WSIP (New Country Radio) Webcast: Home Amazon Echos allow users to quickly switch between stations with only the call letters because they are unique. I can say, "Alexa, play WSIP" or "Alexa, play New Country" and the Echos will find the station within two or three seconds. It saves a lot of time switching stations for updates during timeouts.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.