Grayson Allen tripping

TTS_JF

I'm sorry, my hate level for Duke has certainly diminished the older I've gotten, but this gets my blood going again. Wasn't it coach K the same one who has zero problem telling other players how they should act? But he has the flippingest flopper in NCAA history starting for him.

If I'm an opposing coach I'm not telling my players to retaliate against this crap, but I'm not not telling them to either. Dude wants to trip and act like hurricane force winds all of a sudden pop up whe he's driving to the basket then maybe my guy will give him something to really flop about.

I'm sorry but if this was my son and his OWN coach was making excuses for him, I go over his helmet and sit him.

Answer this, if you're playing Duke and their tripper trips you, do you A) say oh we are playing the all mighty Duke with Coach K it's ok his player is cheap shotting and flopping or B) say "Sorry Grayson and K Homie don't play dat"?

I'm picking B. Not letting some punk brat kid show me up. If I get Td up or tossed so be it, at lest her will know the next time around he'll have to pick out someone else.

Edited by True blue (and gold)
Rule 8

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love to. IMO this goes above the coach. If the ACC has the power to put discipline or then they should do so. If they can't then I would like to see Coach K discipline him but if he doesn't I am fine with that. If it happens that it is in Coach K's hands then Grayson will miss one game at the most and I am fine with that. If the ACC does it then Grayson could miss 1-5 games and I am fine with that as well. Coach K's job is to win games. Not appease fans or critics of the program. I'd have liked to have seen him sit Grayson for the second half but I also understand that Grayson is the best facilitator the team has right now. There are no morals in college sports no matter how badly people want morals in college sports. Coach K gets paid to win first and foremost and that should never be forgotten. This is his program with his rules. He looks like a hypocrite if he doesn't suspend Grayson but that's his choice. He'll still always be remembered as one of the greatest basketball coaches of all time. He is free to do whatever he wants to do.

I agree with almost all of your post, with a slight difference in the perception of Coach K. He's not "just" a coach. He's created, or the media more accurately, this ideal of a coach that is about always doing the right thing. 30+ years of winning and no scandal. Good students and good citizens. Whatever degree of truth, that is what has been created to canonize him like they did Dean Smith. In that prism, I want to see him crack down on a serial tripper. It's such a trivial thing compared to other types of assault, but at least it would be consistent of the disciplinarian that Coach K appears to be. He's more John Wooden than Bob "Don't Call Me" Knight, but he's still appears to be about accountability. That is all.

I agree with almost all of your post, with a slight difference in the perception of Coach K. He's not "just" a coach. He's created, or the media more accurately, this ideal of a coach that is about always doing the right thing. 30+ years of winning and no scandal. Good students and good citizens. Whatever degree of truth, that is what has been created to canonize him like they did Dean Smith. In that prism, I want to see him crack down on a serial tripper. It's such a trivial thing compared to other types of assault, but at least it would be consistent of the disciplinarian that Coach K appears to be. He's more John Wooden than Bob "Don't Call Me" Knight, but he's still appears to be about accountability. That is all.

I understand your thoughts on Coach K but he has never been a disciplinarian. In all his years at Duke only Rasheed Sulaimon has ever been suspended and we still don't know what he did to get suspended. He left the program the next day. I think there are a lot of misconceptions about Coach K because of his stature but I wouldn't call him a disciplinarian. He's never disciplined anyone for anything. He didn't discipline Gerald Henderson for driving his elbow into Hansbrough's face and IMO that was worse than all three of Grayson's trips combined.

I understand your thoughts on Coach K but he has never been a disciplinarian. In all his years at Duke only Rasheed Sulaimon has ever been suspended and we still don't know what he did to get suspended. He left the program the next day. I think there are a lot of misconceptions about Coach K because of his stature but I wouldn't call him a disciplinarian. He's never disciplined anyone for anything. He didn't discipline Gerald Henderson for driving his elbow into Hansbrough's face and IMO that was worse than all three of Grayson's trips combined.

He also didn't bench Laettner for stomping on Timberlake. I'd have sat him for the rest of the game :sneaky:

I'm not sold on there is something "wrong" with him. I think he's just a butthole and he realized it's going to catch up with him this time.

I don't know. His immediate reaction was telling IMO. I think he genuinely doesn't think he's doing anything wrong. He's lucky no one has retaliated yet. He does it again, and I think we'll see punches...