December 22, 20169 yr Will be interesting to see if he can get it together, as the cheap shots aren't helping him or the University.
December 22, 20169 yr He's just misunderstood... Get out of here :lol2: go back to your celebration thread.
December 22, 20169 yr His reaction on the bench was disturbing. Makes me wonder about him. Tears...you can't be the leader and flip out like that. He is out there for sure.
December 22, 20169 yr I hope Coach K doesn't do anything. Let the ACC do the dirty work. Please explain. This is the 3rd time that he has done this. How many times go by before you sit a kid for embarrassing the program.
December 22, 20169 yr Tears...you can't be the leader and flip out like that. He is out there for sure. I took it as he knows he messed up. He is a very emotional person and he shows it all the time. I have to assume he knows that he shouldn't have done it and now he's gonna have to hear about it for a long time. He needs to be sat and given time to think about being the leader of this Duke team. He isn't showing leadership by doing what he did.
December 22, 20169 yr What if I told you Christian Laettner was the most hated Duke Blue Devils ever? "We All Hate Grayson," an ESPN Original 30 for 30.
December 22, 20169 yr Please explain. This is the 3rd time that he has done this. How many times go by before you sit a kid for embarrassing the program. Love to. IMO this goes above the coach. If the ACC has the power to put discipline or then they should do so. If they can't then I would like to see Coach K discipline him but if he doesn't I am fine with that. If it happens that it is in Coach K's hands then Grayson will miss one game at the most and I am fine with that. If the ACC does it then Grayson could miss 1-5 games and I am fine with that as well. Coach K's job is to win games. Not appease fans or critics of the program. I'd have liked to have seen him sit Grayson for the second half but I also understand that Grayson is the best facilitator the team has right now. There are no morals in college sports no matter how badly people want morals in college sports. Coach K gets paid to win first and foremost and that should never be forgotten. This is his program with his rules. He looks like a hypocrite if he doesn't suspend Grayson but that's his choice. He'll still always be remembered as one of the greatest basketball coaches of all time. He is free to do whatever he wants to do.
December 22, 20169 yr Love to. IMO this goes above the coach. If the ACC has the power to put discipline or then they should do so. If they can't then I would like to see Coach K discipline him but if he doesn't I am fine with that. If it happens that it is in Coach K's hands then Grayson will miss one game at the most and I am fine with that. If the ACC does it then Grayson could miss 1-5 games and I am fine with that as well. Coach K's job is to win games. Not appease fans or critics of the program. I'd have liked to have seen him sit Grayson for the second half but I also understand that Grayson is the best facilitator the team has right now. There are no morals in college sports no matter how badly people want morals in college sports. Coach K gets paid to win first and foremost and that should never be forgotten. This is his program with his rules. He looks like a hypocrite if he doesn't suspend Grayson but that's his choice. He'll still always be remembered as one of the greatest basketball coaches of all time. He is free to do whatever he wants to do. Wrong. Coach K's job isn't just to win games. His job is also to teach and be the disciplinarian of needed as well.
December 22, 20169 yr Saw the highlight during the UK game and agree with espn's Bilas, Williams and Greenberg ....NO Excuse ..Period. and he should face a suspension. I will add to the above by saying that this "Privliged Dukie Pretty Boy" is a disgrace to college basketball doesn't belong in the college game. That punk reminds me of the spoiled rich kid in school that mommy and daddy talked his way and / or paid his way out of whatever trouble that he got into. Maybe they still are or the elitist coach K. is daddy Duke, any plsyer from any team other than Duke and this punk would've been suspended long before now. and .. Coach K turning his head the first two times ? That only confirms what I think of him...;"an "anyone but my player" coach in is critisizms. My opinion the ACC should suspend him for a minimum of 7 games and since this is the third offense for this one action alone ... possibly out for all remaining ACC games. Also, coach should be punished by letting a player by with this three times.. What an elitist joke that Duke basketball is. people don't despise Duke bc they're good or jealousy ... they are thought badly of bc of this kind of crap and other things like the "Duke calls", tourney game locations, etc., etc. ...JMO of course.:lol2: next time I may tell what I really think ....:lol2:
December 22, 20169 yr Seriously though, I was early to the party on this one as I was watching the Duke game prior to the UK/UL game. I called the kid a punk and I stand by that for the time being, but that doesn't mean he can't change. I'm no psych doctor, but I do think the kid has some mental issue that he needs help overcoming. I have no idea what it is and don't know exactly what K was talking about with his earlier comments about the bad things that have happened to Grayson. But the trip was weird, it seemed as though it was orchestrated to be a flop but he couldn't resist kicking his foot up to trip the Elon player. The most disturbing part was what happened after though. Allen immediately yelled something a few words at the ref, then threw at least a 1 minute tantrum once he was on the bench. That's just not normal for anyone in their right mind. It takes a lot for me to hate someone and what he's done doesn't make me hate him one bit, hopefully the people around him can get him the help he needs to succeed in life.
December 22, 20169 yr Love to. IMO this goes above the coach. If the ACC has the power to put discipline or then they should do so. If they can't then I would like to see Coach K discipline him but if he doesn't I am fine with that. If it happens that it is in Coach K's hands then Grayson will miss one game at the most and I am fine with that. If the ACC does it then Grayson could miss 1-5 games and I am fine with that as well. Coach K's job is to win games. Not appease fans or critics of the program. I'd have liked to have seen him sit Grayson for the second half but I also understand that Grayson is the best facilitator the team has right now. There are no morals in college sports no matter how badly people want morals in college sports. Coach K gets paid to win first and foremost and that should never be forgotten. This is his program with his rules. He looks like a hypocrite if he doesn't suspend Grayson but that's his choice. He'll still always be remembered as one of the greatest basketball coaches of all time. He is free to do whatever he wants to do. Would have been a good time for a "lesson"--Lame as it would have been. You're playing Elon for goodness sakes; do you really think they had to have him for the 2nd half?
December 22, 20169 yr This is crazy because it's the third time it happened. I usually don't get up in arms about these kind of things and I'm definitely not losing sleep over this. Still, something is off about the guy. He needs some time on the pine and who knows what else. What really rubs me the wrong way is K's response. I almost took it like Allen has some issues they work on behind the scenes and he hates his kid is going through this. I'd like to give the benefit of the doubt, but it comes off super hollow when comparing this to his calling out of the Oregon player somewhat recently. Not sure if it was last year or the year before.
December 22, 20169 yr I can't lie. I do love it when Duke gets you guys all in your feelings. Makes me warm and fuzzy on the inside.
December 22, 20169 yr I can't lie. I do love it when Duke gets you guys all in your feelings. Makes me warm and fuzzy on the inside. I wouldn't expect anything less.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.