Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Grayson Allen tripping

Featured Replies

Poor ACC is taking its lumps lately.

  • Replies 395
  • Views 64.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You seriously think the University has say over Coach K when it comes to basketball operations?

 

No, but the ACC does. I imagine they either contacted K or Duke's AD and told them that if they don't handle it on their own that the ACC will. Which in turn, Duke suspended him to save face. Just my take on it. After the national lashing from the media last night, the ACC really wasn't going to be left with a choice, which left coach in the same position. Just my opinion.

Got home from work and saw this from First Take today I had not thought of this but really what Stephen A. Smith says I think has some merit. I figure UK fans will agree wholeheartedly and Duke fans probably not so much so. lol I'll put up the link and people can watch and decide for themselves.

 

Where is the criticism for Coach K? - ESPN Video

 

 

Everyone has has been criticizing Coach K. Wait until Grayson misses two games and comes back.

The word I have heard the most is "punk"...

 

Punk is to white dude as thug is to black dude...:thumb:

 

The worst part is that the black dudes called a thug aren't really thugs.

Disagree. Especially when Coach K said, "I'll make the decisions regarding my program when I want to and no media backlash will determine my decision." (Paraphrasing)

 

What do you expect him to say, because of the media pressure I need to suspend him lol.

What do you expect him to say, because of the media pressure I need to suspend him lol.

 

No but I think it is unrealistic to expect him to make a rash decision without taking time to make a decision. We live in a world where people want results immediately but life has never been like that and it shouldn't be like that. I think we all knew Grayson would be suspended but Coach K has every right to take it all in and sleep on it before making a decision. Is he not allowed to get a grip on his own emotions before letting everyone know his next move?

I used to be a fan of Coach K, his actions (or lack of) over the past couple of seasons has caused me to rethink this.

 

It was also Allen that refused to shake the hand of Dillon Brooks after Oregon eliminated Duke last season. Insert coach K... he took it upon himself to chastise Brooks, whether what he did is right or wrong... it was not his place to point it out to him directly. After doing so, coach K did not even own it; in the press conference afterwards he tried to say that he only congratulated him and told him he was a great player.

 

Coach K is a great coach but this is one thing that bothers me about him. He will call out players from other teams for their actions and then has his player do this not once, not twice, but three times.

Hopefully after the suspension, Grayson Allen will KICK this habit and move on to play ball.

I just think all K had to say was, "there will be discipline taken but I need to get all the facts presented to me first to make the right decision on what is the correct punishment"

Must have been one heck of a trip to get suspended over.

I just think all K had to say was, "there will be discipline taken but I need to get all the facts presented to me first to make the right decision on what is the correct punishment"

 

Facts are he has done this three times.

No but I think it is unrealistic to expect him to make a rash decision without taking time to make a decision. We live in a world where people want results immediately but life has never been like that and it shouldn't be like that. I think we all knew Grayson would be suspended but Coach K has every right to take it all in and sleep on it before making a decision. Is he not allowed to get a grip on his own emotions before letting everyone know his next move?

 

Absolutely, however it's not like this was the first time. This is something that happened multiple times, and still didn't stop him from going ahead and playing him in what at the time was a close game. I don't think he expected as big of a media backlash that came with this third tripping incident.

 

So yes if you asked me do I think he suspends him indefinitely if the media didn't make such a big deal out of it, no I don't think he suspends him at all. However since it did become a bigger deal in the media than I think he ever thought, and he knew it would make Duke University look bad if he did nothing. Then yes I do believe the media played a hand in the suspension because he didn't want it to put a bad reputation with the University which it had become because of the media firestorm that came with this latest one. With no media backlash I don't believe he would suspend him.

 

To be fair media backlash also causes a lot of coaches to give punishments they may not give if they weren't afraid of the media backlash with it.

The worst part is that the black dudes called a thug aren't really thugs.

 

Not arguing with you because I am not sure which black dudes you are talking about. I am just saying that you rarely hear a white dude called a thug and rarely hear a black dude called a punk.

Obviously, this young man has a real problem. I don't know what if anything is being done to help him but it appears he needs some. I hope Coach K sees that he gets it.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.