Grayson Allen tripping

TTS_JF

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BBN is OBSESSED with Louisville and Duke. There is no denying that. Maybe not the folks we have on BGP, but the fans we have here, for the most part, aren't "that type" of UK fan.

I've watched one Louisville game (vs. UK) and one half of a Duke game (vs. Kansas) this year. But I'm probably not the best example because other than UK, I watch very little college basketball until the last month of the season. But I never miss a UK game.

You can stick to it all you want.

Being wrong is your right.

Only teams I've watched games involving this year are Kentucky, NKU, and Xavier. Sure I'll catch bits and pieces of other games, I love college bball so why wouldn't I, but as far as actually watch them from start to finish? Not a chance in hell I watch any game over a Kentucky, NKU, or Xavier game.

The thread is 8 pages by the way....

FWIW, I've seen Duke play about 5 total minutes this year (a couple minutes of the Duke/KU game and a couple of the Duke/Virginia Tech game). I've watched 40 minutes of UofL all season, and those were when they played Kentucky.

Of course, I don't hate either team like most UK fans do, so maybe I'm the exception, not the rule, but I don't think so.

I think I probably watched about 10 minutes of them against Florida. Probably watched 5 minutes of them against Kansas. I do think I'll try and watch some of their game Saturday, but that's cause I just enjoy good games and because Kentucky doesn't play until 4pm. They are reaching.

Number of pages depends on settings. Mine is on page 20 because I have 20 posts per page.

Next time UK plays some scrub team and there is another real good game on that night. Or a big football game. Or the Victoria Secret Beauty Pageant, I don't care what it is, you are invited to my place for the UK game. I will also set us up with a very nice spread of Greater Cincinnati craft beers.

We don't miss them no matter who they play. And often times we record it to watch it again to help us get through the rest of the week (okay that is a stretch, but I will do that for big games like their win against UNC this year).

Wildcat game and craft beers. Sounds like fun, too bad I don't live closer. I guess we will just have to drink during the game together on Untappd. :lol2:

I completely agree, with what you've said. I've never watched another game live in favor of a UK game. If I really want to know what is going on with another team that is what Twitter / DVR's are for.

Also, IMO, the number of pages a thread goes is really a meaningless argument. As is often the case on BGP a thread will often run wild on tangents that have nothing do with the title or the initial post. Heck, per my settings, it been about 2 whole pages since Allen has even been mentioned.

Put this this way. UK basketball is basically the only games in college basketball that I watch the whole games of during the season. Other games I really don't watch, and I don't think I have ever watched a whole Duke/UNC game. I watch a little bit of it, just to see how other teams look at that is it. Sportscenter can show me enough and talk about it enough for me to know what happened, etc. Now the NCAA tournament I do watch almost every game I can.

If UK was say up 20 or 30 on a bad opponent, and say Duke and Louisville were playing. Then I would flip over and catch some of that game. However UK vs whoever they are playing comes first.