December 24, 20169 yr Not arguing with you because I am not sure which black dudes you are talking about. I am just saying that you rarely hear a white dude called a thug and rarely hear a black dude called a punk. Agreed. My point is that by true definition they are all punks and not thugs but for some reason the black guys are incorrectly labeled thugs. I know that is your point also. I'm just adding to it by saying 99% of the time the black dude people are calling a thug isn't close to a thug. I know some thugs and they suck at basketball.
December 24, 20169 yr Absolutely, however it's not like this was the first time. This is something that happened multiple times, and still didn't stop him from going ahead and playing him in what at the time was a close game. I don't think he expected as big of a media backlash that came with this third tripping incident. So yes if you asked me do I think he suspends him indefinitely if the media didn't make such a big deal out of it, no I don't think he suspends him at all. However since it did become a bigger deal in the media than I think he ever thought, and he knew it would make Duke University look bad if he did nothing. Then yes I do believe the media played a hand in the suspension because he didn't want it to put a bad reputation with the University which it had become because of the media firestorm that came with this latest one. With no media backlash I don't believe he would suspend him. To be fair media backlash also causes a lot of coaches to give punishments they may not give if they weren't afraid of the media backlash with it. Agree to disagree. I knew Grayson was suspended as soon as I saw it but I didn't expect Coach K or whoever was going to suspend him to announce it on the Scott Van Pelt Midnight SportsCenter. Not sure why everyone else expected that response but whatever.
December 24, 20169 yr Agreed. My point is that by true definition they are all punks and not thugs but for some reason the black guys are incorrectly labeled thugs. I know that is your point also. I'm just adding to it by saying 99% of the time the black dude people are calling a thug isn't close to a thug. I know some thugs and they suck at basketball. I get ticked when I hear people say the NBA is filled with punks, thugs, whatever...fill in whatever derogatory term you want. I think the NBA as a sports league has the least off the court/field incidents of any sports league...WAY less than the NFL for example. I think the NBA right now has more great players than ever and seems to have a whole lot of good dudes in it.
December 24, 20169 yr I get ticked when I hear people say the NBA is filled with punks, thugs, whatever...fill in whatever derogatory term you want. I think the NBA as a sports league has the least off the court/field incidents of any sports league...WAY less than the NFL for example. I think the NBA right now has more great players than ever and seems to have a whole lot of good dudes in it. Agreed. I think people are really missing out on how good the NBA is right now.
December 25, 20169 yr Obviously, this young man has a real problem. I don't know what if anything is being done to help him but it appears he needs some. I hope Coach K sees that he gets it. Agree/ He needs to be held accountable for his actions, but the deeper problem has to also be addressed.
December 25, 20169 yr Must have been one heck of a trip to get suspended over. It has been all over TV and the internet. So many Memes, video montages of his three trips and his hissy fit he threw this time. Never paid much attention to him, but now he has his 15 minutes of fame. Hope he is enjoying it.
December 27, 20169 yr Agreed. I think people are really missing out on how good the NBA is right now. Great leadership. Solid citizens in star positions. Great recipe for success.
December 28, 20169 yr I'm just glad Grayson Allen exists. I like most the players on this Duke team and it was making me feel uncomfortable. @PurplePride92
December 28, 20169 yr I'm just glad Grayson Allen exists. I like most the players on this Duke team and it was making me feel uncomfortable. @PurplePride92 Embrace the darkness. It won't hurt you.
December 29, 20169 yr Grayson Allen is a punk, thug, jerk, white trash, and crybaby. Not sure I covered it all.
December 29, 20169 yr Grayson Allen is a punk, thug, jerk, white trash, and crybaby. Not sure I covered it all. You missed the worst one of all ... Dukie.
January 4, 20179 yr Well that was fast...1 game and back starting tonight. Glad Grayson got his issues resolved so quickly.
January 4, 20179 yr Well that was fast...1 game and back starting tonight. Glad Grayson got his issues resolved so quickly. Are you surprised?
January 5, 20179 yr Author I think Duke has a chance to be great by the end of the season. I see no reason why they would start him tonight.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.