Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Grayson Allen tripping

Featured Replies

  • Replies 395
  • Views 64.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not surprised that the suspension was only a game, but that's one game longer than Derek Willis got for something far worse.

 

K & Cal are the best, but neither seem to be very heavy-handed when it comes to things like this.

 

And they shouldn't be. They've earned the right to run their programs how they see fit.

Yeah I must have missed the outrage for Willis' zero game suspension for being ARRESTED. :lol2:

 

Grayson be trippin' tho. That's worse. :lol:

And they shouldn't be. They've earned the right to run their programs how they see fit.

 

Thank goodness all these posters know better than Coach K. He should come here for advice on how to run the Duke program.

If Joe Mixon was able to keep wearing an OU football uniform, even after a year suspension, I'm not getting worked up over this one-game suspension.

@Hellbird, at least if you are going to make us UK fans look bad, do it in a UK thread so our Duke members may not see it.

 

Willis absolutely deserved to be suspended for his antics this summer. If for no other reason, to set an example for this young team that if you do stupid stuff, there will be consequences.

Do I think it was a long enough suspension? Nope, but that's just me. I'm not upset over it though.

 

Do I think it does anything to tarnish Coach K or his reputation? Not at all.

 

Do I think it does anything to tarnish Coach K or his reputation? Not at all.

 

I really don't understand how people continually attack Coach K over any of this. If the ACC or NCAA didn't think Allen received enough of a punishment, couldn't they have dished out more?

I really don't understand how people continually attack Coach K over any of this.

 

Jealous of his success.

Do I think it was a long enough suspension? Nope, but that's just me. I'm not upset over it though.

 

Do I think it does anything to tarnish Coach K or his reputation? Not at all.

 

I agree overall.

 

It does, however, remove his ability to be the "hall monitor" of what's acceptable in college basketball.

I really don't understand how people continually attack Coach K over any of this. If the ACC or NCAA didn't think Allen received enough of a punishment, couldn't they have dished out more?

 

If it wasn't Duke this thread wouldn't be 4 pages long. Cmon bro you should know this. This thread is nothing but shots at Duke, Coach K and Grayson Allen.

I really don't understand how people continually attack Coach K over any of this. If the ACC or NCAA didn't think Allen received enough of a punishment, couldn't they have dished out more?

 

Absolutely. A point that a lot of people gloss over.

I agree overall.

 

It does, however, remove his ability to be the "hall monitor" of what's acceptable in college basketball.

 

I'm okay with that. Tell that to Dick Vitale and the other folks in the media who place him on that mantle.

I'm okay with that. Tell that to Dick Vitale and the other folks in the media who place him on that mantle.

 

I think it is the media that has enhanced some saintly image for K. Almost like the minute Dean Smith was gone all the worship was given to him.

 

That said, it was Coach K that starred in those American Express commercials touting himself as a teacher and molder of young men. Then again, he was cashing the check; not writing the script. :thumb:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.