Grayson Allen tripping

TTS_JF

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not surprised that the suspension was only a game, but that's one game longer than Derek Willis got for something far worse.

K & Cal are the best, but neither seem to be very heavy-handed when it comes to things like this.

And they shouldn't be. They've earned the right to run their programs how they see fit.

Do I think it was a long enough suspension? Nope, but that's just me. I'm not upset over it though.

Do I think it does anything to tarnish Coach K or his reputation? Not at all.

I agree overall.

It does, however, remove his ability to be the "hall monitor" of what's acceptable in college basketball.

I really don't understand how people continually attack Coach K over any of this. If the ACC or NCAA didn't think Allen received enough of a punishment, couldn't they have dished out more?

If it wasn't Duke this thread wouldn't be 4 pages long. Cmon bro you should know this. This thread is nothing but shots at Duke, Coach K and Grayson Allen.

I'm okay with that. Tell that to Dick Vitale and the other folks in the media who place him on that mantle.

I think it is the media that has enhanced some saintly image for K. Almost like the minute Dean Smith was gone all the worship was given to him.

That said, it was Coach K that starred in those American Express commercials touting himself as a teacher and molder of young men. Then again, he was cashing the check; not writing the script. :thumb: