Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Grayson Allen tripping

Featured Replies

Almost looked like he tried to hit him in the jewels too. I can't give him the benefit of the doubt at this point.

 

Agree.

  • Replies 395
  • Views 64.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looked like incidental contact to me but I understand that everytime his leg flails up in the air he won't get the benefit of the doubt. Compared to his last three tripping incidents this is nothing close to them but I understand the newly minted outrage.

This kid has some issues.

 

@SBNation

Did Grayson Allen try to trip someone again? Did Grayson Allen try to trip an opponent again? - SBNation.com …

I think it was more of trying to kick the player in the jewels more than tripping but either way the kid has some serious issues. Good thing he plays for Duke because any other coach or conference would have him on the bench. It wasn't a loss of balance seeing how it was his plant foot as you already noted. He looked to be clearly trying to back kick his opponent.

I think it was more of trying to kick the player in the jewels more than tripping but either way the kid has some serious issues. Good thing he plays for Duke because any other coach or conference would have him on the bench. It wasn't a loss of balance seeing how it was his plant foot as you already noted. He looked to be clearly trying to back kick his opponent.

 

Brooks kid from Oregon received a flagellant 2 and was ejected today for a kick to the private area. First time of his career also Pac 12 has already said they were looking into the matter as well.

What ever it was, it was NOT incidental. He either tried to trip or kick opponent.

:no:

 

Yeah he get's no benefit of the doubt as he has earned all of the "Attention" that he is getting. I'd say 5% chance it was incidental and 95% he was trying to either kick him in the jewels or trip him some way.

 

I say let him keep playing, I don't care if he plays or not...doesn't impact me or the team I like one bit. Just makes him look like a pile!

Looked like incidental contact to me but I understand that everytime his leg flails up in the air he won't get the benefit of the doubt. Compared to his last three tripping incidents this is nothing close to them but I understand the newly minted outrage.

 

There is zero prcent chance that you incidentally do that. Let him play. Someone eventually is going to give it back. I hope that he just falls and gets embarrassed, but people won't be playing this much longer.

Brooks kid from Oregon received a flagellant 2 and was ejected today for a kick to the private area. First time of his career also Pac 12 has already said they were looking into the matter as well.

 

Saw it on ESPN, I don't feel that his kick was any worse than any of the incidents Allen has been involved in.

Brooks kid from Oregon received a flagellant 2 and was ejected today for a kick to the private area. First time of his career also Pac 12 has already said they were looking into the matter as well.

That's what happens when you play for a school not named Duke and a conference not named ACC. You are dealt with like you should be.

There is zero prcent chance that you incidentally do that. Let him play. Someone eventually is going to give it back. I hope that he just falls and gets embarrassed, but people won't be playing this much longer.

 

As I said I know he won't get the benefit of the doubt and I wouldn't expect him to with his past.

He is white trash punk. So glad he plays for Duke.

 

Can't wait till he screws up again and see what kind of guts the new coach and ACC have.

 

By the way nothing he does is unintentional.

It's now like Draymond Green kick issue when he shoots. Since he probably did intentionally kick a few times when he shot, now even if his leg accidentally kicks out when shooting, people will think it's on purpose.

 

I wouldn't thing Allen would be so stupid to do this 2 games back from the suspension. However it doesn't look good at all, and definitely can't give him the benefit of doubt imo.

As I said I know he won't get the benefit of the doubt and I wouldn't expect him to with his past.
Any other kid or situation, I don't even blink at that.

 

This may have been a completely unintentional, out of balance, accident (how ever anyone wants to term it) but the vast majority of the people who watch college basketball are going to be very suspicious of his intent. As you agreed, Grayson Allen is not going to get any benefit of the doubt in those instances. Is it fair? I think it is. There is a precedent, and it is important to know that Allen is the guy who set it. He isn't under the microscope because of somebody else's transgressions, he focused the lens on himself.

 

If he ever wants to earn back a modicum of public trust, then he has to play squeaky clean, every day, every play. Any deviation from that in regards to unsportsmanlike play in general, and tripping specifically, is going to stir up a lot of vitriol with increasing intensity, IMO.

Was a foul called on the incident?

 

Was he ejected for the incident?

Was a foul called on the incident?

 

Was he ejected for the incident?

 

No foul, no ejection.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.