Grayson Allen tripping

TTS_JF

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any other kid or situation, I don't even blink at that.

This may have been a completely unintentional, out of balance, accident (how ever anyone wants to term it) but the vast majority of the people who watch college basketball are going to be very suspicious of his intent. As you agreed, Grayson Allen is not going to get any benefit of the doubt in those instances. Is it fair? I think it is. There is a precedent, and it is important to know that Allen is the guy who set it. He isn't under the microscope because of somebody else's transgressions, he focused the lens on himself.

If he ever wants to earn back a modicum of public trust, then he has to play squeaky clean, every day, every play. Any deviation from that in regards to unsportsmanlike play in general, and tripping specifically, is going to stir up a lot of vitriol with increasing intensity, IMO.

Agree 100%.

This is a lot of pages for a trip. Every player I know had dirty things they did to the opposing team on the court. If I'm coach K I'm more upset Grayson was so dumb to be so blatant with it. If you to send a message plenty of ways to do it without getting caught.

The biggest shock is an opposing player hasn't put him on his backside yet.

The ACC released a statement saying that "nothing conclusive that can be determined" on whether Grayson's most recent transgression was intentional or not.

Duh, they have already failed in allowing him to play. They are as much of the problem as Coach K. What did you expect them to say? They say anything else and they'd have to answer to their boss ... Coach K.

Seth Greenberg has spent the last week destroying Duke, Grayson and Coach K so for him to say Grayson was off balance is pretty surprising to me.

I'll be honest, I haven't seen the video or pics of this incident yet. That said, I've always liked Seth Greenburg, I can't really think of any occasion where I've thought he's not calling it how he see's it. In fact, there have been times where I've wondered how he's kept his job with ESPN for being so blunt. With that in mind I would have a hard time not believing Seth on this over any Duke or UK fan.