Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Grayson Allen tripping

Featured Replies

It's sad and comical how much hatred and disdain people have for college basketball coaches and programs. It's basketball for goodness sakes, aren't there better things to get worked up over?

 

Yeah...football! :jump:

  • Replies 395
  • Views 64.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a public message board, we come here to get worked up . LOL . Seriously , its a huge national story, its big news , and this hypocrisy shouldnt be swept under the rug.

It's sad and comical how much hatred and disdain people have for college basketball coaches and programs. It's basketball for goodness sakes, aren't there better things to get worked up over?

 

Check out the HS forum. :lol2:

All this over a few trip(s).

 

I made a slight modification to your comment.

Its comical what some choose to get worked up and what they choose not to banter about. The most successful coach in NCAA recent history scolds others for their behavior but lets his own player display horrific , never been seen before ( 3 blatant trips in a short number of games) abhorrent behavior and he sets him 1 game after announcing an " indefinite" suspension. Makes the program look like a joke and desperate not to lose again. And highlights what a total fraud the guy is . But supporters shrug and look away . FWIW I also think Willis should have served a suspension . But out of season, OFF the court issues are different than ongoing , 3 repeated , ON court issues. I'd be embarrassed to be a duke fan at this point .

 

I'm a Duke fan and I'm not even remotely embarrassed. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say Coach K knows alot more going on with his program that you do. I would also say he knows more about his program than everybody on this board. If he feels Grayson has learned his lesson I'm going to trust him on that.

I'm a Duke fan and I'm not even remotely embarrassed. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say Coach K knows alot more going on with his program that you do. I would also say he knows more about his program than everybody on this board. If he feels Grayson has learned his lesson I'm going to trust him on that.

 

Shocker...

@GrizzlyAdams, I wouldn't be remotely embarrassed either.

 

And the notion that you or any fan should be embarrassed of something that happens to a team that you follow...give me a break.

I'm a Duke fan and I'm not even remotely embarrassed. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say Coach K knows alot more going on with his program that you do. I would also say he knows more about his program than everybody on this board. If he feels Grayson has learned his lesson I'm going to trust him on that.

 

Didhe learn it after the first , second or third tripping incident ? Didnt we trust trust K to fix it after the first 2 times ?

@Hellbird, at least if you are going to make us UK fans look bad, do it in a UK thread so our Duke members may not see it.

 

Willis absolutely deserved to be suspended for his antics this summer. If for no other reason, to set an example for this young team that if you do stupid stuff, there will be consequences.

Trust me, you make yourself look bad enough. Don't worry, I'm not speaking for you nor would I ever want to. You and your Coach K love fest can continue but don't speak for me, I can speak for myself.

Edited by Hellbird

If it wasn't Duke this thread wouldn't be 4 pages long. Cmon bro you should know this. This thread is nothing but shots at Duke, Coach K and Grayson Allen.

Well deserved shots too.

Here is my problem. When you take the time to preach sportsmanship to a kid on the opposing team in the handshake line after the NCAA tournament, then go light on your own kid not once, not twice, but three times..you deserve to be seen as a hypocrite.

Exactly!!! But of course UKMustangFan hasn't a clue about that. I think he is more

of a Duke apologists than anything else.

Here is my problem. When you take the time to preach sportsmanship to a kid on the opposing team in the handshake line after the NCAA tournament, then go light on your own kid not once, not twice, but three times..you deserve to be seen as a hypocrite.

 

He apologized for it a long time ago.

Can't edit for some reason, so I'll add this.

 

It may not tarnish his legacy as an X's an O's guy. It does, IMO, expose flaws in his personality.

 

So he's human then. Good news.

Perhaps, but he had the chance to kind of show consistency, and he failed to do it. That surprised me. I understand that the media image of a man is all about agenda and never truly reflective of a person. However, when you promote yourself in your public appearances as a person whose character matches the image...you just have to be more consistent.

 

Is he supposed to promote himself as someone whose character doesn't match his image?

So he's human then. Good news.

 

You know what I mean. I don't like people selling themselves as a morally superior version of their contemporaries and then not hold true to it in the easiest situation ever.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.