The National Mood

rockmom

I had the good fortune to hear Frank Luntz speak on a completely different topic a couple of years ago. He is a master in his field.

This was aired the Sunday before the election. I missed it, but our Chairman showed this to us yesterday in our Exec meeting. Mr. F's message to us after watching is that as a business, it is important to take care of our employees, and to take care of our customers (guests). He was passionate that we don't want to be a part of the problem, but a place people look to as an example of "getting it right".

Anyway, aside from why we were discussing this in our meeting, this is a really good segment. And again, Frank Luntz is the best at what he does.

Focus group reflects nation's dark mood ahead of Election Day - CBS News

What are your thoughts?

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO the mood is this. The Trump people are happy things are going good and have hope Trump can get stuff done. He hasnt proved it yet, but it seems to be good.

The Anti-Trump people are making fools out of themselves, especially the college kids with crayons and play dough parties. The beating up anyone who voted for Trump.

Of course they will never agree with anyone nominated for any position he has unless he appoints a liberal.

The Liberals have become the bullies and crybabies they have always claimed the Republicans are.

The Donkey fits their party to a tee right now.

The world is watching how stupid people are acting.

Mr Pence was booed tonight at Hamilton.

That's where we're at.

I see you still dont have your head wrapped around this Clyde. Keep thinking the left will wake up and the nightmare will be over. Its just begun.

Wait till the Supreme Court justices are named. You will need another Valium. :lol2:

I see you still dont have your head wrapped around this Clyde. Keep thinking the left will wake up and the nightmare will be over. Its just begun.

Wait till the Supreme Court justices are named. You will need another Valium. :lol2:

What don't I have my head around ?

So people being rude is OK now?

Uh, no.

100% disrespectful.

We are ,and have been, in a bad place as a country where we boo elected officials, disrespect the office of POTUS if our guy didn't win, make fun of family members , and generally cannot have intelligent discussions.

Just this week we've had a mayor fired over an "ape in heels" remark and a police officer fired for a "fluent in ghetto" post with both referring to Michelle Obama.

So, again, this is where we're at.

Uh, no.

100% disrespectful.

We are ,and have been, in a bad place as a country where we boo elected officials, disrespect the office of POTUS if our guy didn't win, make fun of family members , and generally cannot have intelligent discussions.

Just this week we've had a mayor fired over an "ape in heels" remark and a police officer fired for a "fluent in ghetto" post with both referring to Michelle Obama.

I hope I am wrong, I really do, but this is just the tip of the iceberg. Putting Sessions in as AG is like putting the Grand Dragon in charge.

Uh, no.

100% disrespectful.

Sad. And sad that I know a few folks that are fine with it.

I hope I am wrong, I really do, but this is just the tip of the iceberg. Putting Sessions in as AG is like putting the Grand Dragon in charge.
That would be worse than voting a KKK Exhalted Cyclops into the position of Senate Majority Leader. The late Democratic Senator Robert Byrd failed to rise above the level of the leader of his local KKK chapter (Klavern), but Democrats in the U.S. Senate thought he was a swell guy and voted him to leadership positions in the U.S. Senate multiple times.

The hypocrisy of the Democratic Party never ceases to amaze me. Being a former leader in the KKK? OK for a Senate Majority Leader when Democrats control the majority. Allegations of racial insensitivity 30 years ago? An automatic disqualifer for serving in a Republican administration. Not only that, Democrats apparently expect that Republicans may provide the three votes necessary to reject Sessions' nomination. They assume that Democrats in the Senate will vote unanimously to defeat the appointment of a fellow U.S. Senator with whom they have worked for years. I hope that there are more Democratic Senators possessing common decency and a sense of fair play than their constituents believe to be the case.

Edited by Dino Nova

That would be worse than voting a KKK Exhalted Cyclops into the position of Senate Majority Leader. The late Democratic Senator Robert Byrd failed to rise above the level of the leader of his local KKK chapter (Klavern), but Democrats in the U.S. Senate thought he was a swell guy and voted him to leadership positions in the U.S. Senate multiple times.

The hypocrisy of the Democratic Party never ceases to amaze me.

An honest question.

Have race relations improved in the last 70 years or so?

I am not fine with any of this. I am not fine with rudeness, hatred, bullying, bigotry, racism against anyone, anywhere, anytime. I am for love, kindness, helping others and "walking in their shoes". I cry when I hear "God bless the USA". I will not stand by silently. I will do my part to make things better. How about all of you?

An honest question.

Have race relations improved in the last 70 years or so?

Race relations have improved immeasurably over the last 70 years. I don't think this is even open to debate. The discrimination that exists today is more subtle. Seventy years ago you could walk down the street and see it. Now you have to dig deeper even though its effect may be nearly the same, at least emotionally and financially if not physically. It'll take another generation or two to finally put it to bed.