The National Mood

rockmom

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, like Robert Byrd only less of a hero to some.
I did not realize that Sessions was a KKK member. Was Sessions a rank and file member, or a high muckedy-muck like Byrd was? Was it Byrd's leadership skills in recruiting KKK members to the cause that qualified him later for his Senate Majority Leader position?

Social media will be the ruin of civilization.

How so? Social media has a ton of upside, in my opinion. It's also my opinion that we need to be as sensitive about what we say and how we say it on social media, as we are/would be speaking in person to someone. I agree with what was in the segment. How we are presenting our differences is damaging.

I think the national mood is this.

The more liberals and democrats complain and play race card and protest and have pity parties in college. The more it makes people hate and resent them. All this stuff is doing nothing more than causing more racism and more hatred. The Dems ugly head has finally shown and WOW, how rude and ugly it is.

I think the national mood is this.

The more liberals and democrats complain and play race card and protest and have pity parties in college. The more it makes people hate and resent them. All this stuff is doing nothing more than causing more racism and more hatred. The Dems ugly head has finally shown and WOW, how rude and ugly it is.

Did you watch the segment or read the transcript, by chance?

Did you watch the segment or read the transcript, by chance?

I read the transcript.

It is a CBS thing first of all, which = anti Republican.

The mood was no one trusted anyone.

So the mood now is its ok to hate white people but not be able to criticize anyone else and if you do it's racist.

It's all anti white, even the idiots who are white are anti white. Why, what has happened to make people hate whites now.

At no time in my life have I seen so much hate toward me because I'm white.

Social media? It's merely a playground for most. For many it's a place to vent, a place for "hulking up" when they wouldn't dare in person. A place to gripe and moan when things don't go their way. A place to try to feel empowered when they unfriend or block someone that has too much of a differing opinion from theirs. Yeah, it's a bit of a cesspool.

If so many find the content of what the cast member said objectionable, and his freedom to do so, that in itself demonstrates the troubling condition the nation is in if the mindset of a mind numbing number of Americans can't agree on the unifying basis of our freedoms, "With Liberty and Justice for All".

Pence's track record shows that he dramatically could use a refresher course on such things, and the cast of Hamilton profoundly gave it to him in this teaching moment. It was their stage, and they didn't waste the opportunity to say what very much timely needed to be said, and what he so very much needed to hear.

I beg that for just once for the sake of the nation that those who object could allow themselves to put their biases aside, Pence included, and hear this all important message with an open mind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNpfnEq_FAY