What are your "I'm cheap" tricks

coldweatherfan

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I buy my wife flowers or take her out to dinner when I need to apologize for something. Trust me...it's cheaper than having her find out on her own that I screwed up.

Cheap trick: stop by the funeral home on your way home. Save some bucks picking up flowers there. The dead person won't even realize it.

Here's 2 of mine.

I hate when the bar of soap gets small, but I also hate to waste stuff, so this is what I do.

Take your little bar and a fresh bar to the shower.

[ATTACH]57794[/ATTACH]

Use them both and get them soapy. Then at the end rub them together and sit them in the soap dish. When it drys, they fuse together to make 1 bar. MrsC makes fun of me for this one.

[ATTACH]57795[/ATTACH]

I've done this since college (1970's)

Hold on folks.....these ARE NOT high school games, these are travel ball games...River City, Expressway Park, Mid-America Park, etc. Maybe have pulled it off 3 times in the last two years, and tried it maybe 5 or 6 times. It all started as a dare/joke talking with the parents on my daughters team, and once it worked, it morphed into seeing what other parks it would work at.......trust me they get it back at the concession stand.

Maybe I should have explained it better before everyone thinks I'm getting away with 100's of dollars in unpaid gate fees.

Can you ship some packages for me for free? Not a lot, no one will notice. It's a big company, they won't notice the lost profits.