What are your "I'm cheap" tricks

coldweatherfan

I take all stuff from motel they offer.

I do this as well....those bottles of shampoo and lotion are easier to pack and carry onto an airplane with the "liquids" rules. I don't take the bars of soap....again, I'm surprised people still use bars of soap instead of liquid soap.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I take all stuff from motel they offer.

I used to grab the soap and shampoo from hotels to use when I worked out at NKU. I'm sure maintenance didn't appreciate picking up my once used bar of soap and shampoo. As much as I travel I had a heck of a collection. I'd give my high end stuff to a buddy who worked out with a bunch of cops. He liked to leave it there so the cops would be talking about which one was living the high life.

Haven't used bar soap in ages. If you're using soap correctly (in conjunction with a wash cloth) can you really say bar soap gets you cleaner?? And bar soaps use just as much perfumes/scents as liquid....you can't tell me bars Irish Spring aren't loaded with perfumes.

I'm a 99.4% pure guy.

It was amazing to me the lengths people would go to to avoid the $3 admission price to a middle school game.

Some would sneak in.

Some would argue that the prices were outrageous.

Some would try to claim free and reduced status.

Ridiculous.

Getting back to the original question, I also:

- Refuse to spend more than $1.50 for coffee. My company provides 3 different kinds of coffee for free in the break room. I use that. I don't need to go two blocks to "Take your Bucks" and look cool with all my friends.

- I pack my lunch as much as possible. Sometimes, it is simply a shake and something else that is nutritional. Eating lunch in downtown Cincinnati is crazy expensive now. I can save $50 a week just on lunches.