What are your "I'm cheap" tricks

coldweatherfan

Here's 2 of mine.

I hate when the bar of soap gets small, but I also hate to waste stuff, so this is what I do.

Take your little bar and a fresh bar to the shower.

image.jpeg

Use them both and get them soapy. Then at the end rub them together and sit them in the soap dish. When it drys, they fuse together to make 1 bar. MrsC makes fun of me for this one.

image.jpeg

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's 2 of mine.

I hate when the bar of soap gets small, but I also hate to waste stuff, so this is what I do.

[ATTACH]57794[/ATTACH]

Use them both and get them soapy. Then at the end rub them together and sit them in the soap dish. When it drys, they fuse together to make 1 bar. MrsC makes fun of me for this one.

[ATTACH]57795[/ATTACH]

I haven't read any others yet but I have to think this is the winner.

Little different to those above but can save a lot of money on this little trick.

If I'm out of town and need to get cash at the ATM, I don't. Instead I go to Walmart or other store and purchase a pack of gum or something really cheap (normally Juicy Fruit or Orange Tic Tacs) and then max out the Cash Back Option when paying with my Debit Card. So instead of paying ATM Fees (Which I hate more than I can put into words) I get a pack of gum and free money.

We were on vacation in Destin a few years ago and found that many places wouldn't accept our Debit Card (for whatever reason) and we had to go to Walmart, Bass Pro and other National Retailers to use them...we used this little trick to get cash out for restaurants and local shops.

Here's 2 of mine.

[ATTACH]57794[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]57795[/ATTACH]

I do this, too, except I have a mesh soap holder that I put the parts it.

I hate being wasteful.

At the grocery store, we always ask for paper instead of plastic...good for the environment. Then after emptying out our groceries, we use the paper bags for kitchen garbage and holding recycled paper. So, no need for plastic garbage bags in the house.

At some of 3.0's summer ball games I've used the line, "I'm here to evaluate the umpires", to aviod paying to get in. Carrying the clipboard sells it most of the time. LOL

Mrs. Lawnboy thinks it's embarrassing, but I've saved some nice coin over the summer.