October 3, 201511 yr Maybe they had to "pay for it" for the recruits dads...coeds will hop on a player, but a little slower to hop on their pops. You need a pro for that kind of action.
October 3, 201511 yr Wonder if the madame's services were used to lure Bobby Petrino back to the Ville?
October 3, 201511 yr There are pics in the book but they aren't really incriminating. There's no question that the pics came from Minardi Hall, but nothing is ever shown outside of posed pictures. The book is short and a little hard to follow as it bounces back from 1st to 3rd person. For me, the book isn't enough to give louisville the death penalty but it is enough to lead to an investigation. I'm not troubled by the pics. They prove nothing. I am troubled by the level of detail in the book and the text messages. If they can prove that the messages shown in the book really came from McGee, then Louisville is in trouble. I am also bothered that McGee "went to the ATM" a lot but came back with stacks of money in bank rolls. I've never seen and ATM machine do that before. Lastly, the book alleges that McGee was still organizing escort parties in Louisville while he was on the staff at UMKC. That in itself would indicate that others are involved. Some other details that would be damaging if true...she alleges that security guards let them in at times. She claims they slept with recruits and often their dads and guardians. TMI about Terry Rozier.
October 3, 201511 yr After seeing excerpts from the book online, the claims are even more ridiculous, IMO. She claims over 700 text messages (that apparently would support her case) got deleted by a virus? That doesn't happen... And again, the Andre McGee angle just doesn't make sense. Why him? Why, if this were really going on, would he be the guy leading the way?
October 3, 201511 yr One thing the book pointed out more than once was how much "pressure" McGee was under to get guys signed. As if his job was in danger if he didn't deliver. Pitino specifically noted that the only guys under pressure to land players were himself and the three assistants. He even said McGee had no pressure to help with recruiting
October 3, 201511 yr One thing the book pointed out more than once was how much "pressure" McGee was under to get guys signed. As if his job was in danger if he didn't deliver. Pitino specifically noted that the only guys under pressure to land players were himself and the three assistants. He even said McGee had no pressure to help with recruiting Have literally never heard of McGee being at all involved with recruiting. Another big hole in the story.
October 3, 201511 yr One thing the book pointed out more than once was how much "pressure" McGee was under to get guys signed. As if his job was in danger if he didn't deliver. Pitino specifically noted that the only guys under pressure to land players were himself and the three assistants. He even said McGee had no pressure to help with recruiting He did mention in his recent press conference that McGee was solely responsible for keeping players out of bars and other things that could cause trouble, but apparently it was just the opposite
October 3, 201511 yr I'm reminded of a line from Enemy of the State. Credibility...it's the only currency that matters in this kind of situation. I mean, if you can't trust a prostitute who pimps out her own daughters...who can you trust?
October 3, 201511 yr He did mention in his recent press conference that McGee was solely responsible for keeping players out of bars and other things that could cause trouble, but apparently it was just the opposite Seems like he did a decent job keeping them out of bars and in their dorm.
October 3, 201511 yr After reading this book here are my thoughts: UL Side * they better be worried - if any one this is true Her side * she better be worried - jail time is in her future. I need proof what I seen pictures and nothing says illegal activities. Her missing texts has me saying she is lying - she can't produce them. She sold her daughters-
October 3, 201511 yr The guy who publicly embarrassed his university by banging a girl in an Italian restaurant is too smart for this ? Tonight's special: Aging Red Snapper, stuffed with Italian Sausage
October 3, 201511 yr As a UL fan - UK fans are right. Rick's mistakes in his personal life make this even worse. I will not make excuses for him or Andree or anyone else involved. UL fans I know we want to defend our Team- let's not over react let the dust settle. Find the truth. After reading this book I leaning toward a big portion of her story is false - how big I don't know
October 3, 201511 yr After reading this book here are my thoughts: UL Side * they better be worried - if any one this is true Her side * she better be worried - jail time is in her future. I need proof what I seen pictures and nothing says illegal activities. Her missing texts has me saying she is lying - she can't produce them. She sold her daughters- You had said in an earlier post that Behanan and Jones still reside in Louisville. Are they still in basketball, overseas or otherwise?
October 3, 201511 yr Are there any pics available of Ms. Powell and her daughters in the book or otherwise? Could someone post? About 20 photos are scattered thru the book. None is incriminating, in fact they weakened the case in my view. Several photos of girls with players show girls cuddling up but players doing a standard photo pose with hands behind their backs, not even around the girl’s shoulder. Look like giving photos to a fan reluctantly. Some photos, like a door to Billy Minardi Hall and a picture that claims to be McGee’s license plate and car in a parking garage, and a picture of the room number in a dorm, seem like photos made to imply “I was there so what I say must be true.” Very poor evidence. Enough to prove the women had at least some access to the players, not much more.
October 3, 201511 yr I am not sure if they are playing or not. But I have seen the both recently around campus. Actually at the Clemson game
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.