October 3, 201511 yr Throughout the year yes I agree for the players, but when recruits visit it has to be lined up, he got game style. There are plenty of jersey chasers on campus even when school isn't in session, trust me.
October 3, 201511 yr Trust me more I talk to people that are investigating this (media friends) going to be an eye sore - but not sure it will be any major violation. Starting to sound like more of older guys partying with ladies that wanted to hang around and getting high and a lot of sex. I tend to agree with this. I can see step dads, uncles and other relatives and acquantinces of players being involved in something like this, but players would be extremely stupid and like has been mentioned even the 12th man of any college team can get plenty for free
October 3, 201511 yr I do think it is a shame that people or a person affiliated with the a university can get a school into so much trouble by themselves. In just reading the link I get the vibe that she thinks Pitino is the ring leader for all of it. Does anyone think Pitino had knowledge of all of this? Yes
October 3, 201511 yr Yes So you think Pitino knew that people were possibly paying escorts to have sex with recruits?
October 3, 201511 yr I think he knew, if it was as prevalent as is written. I also think any head coach would know. Not a hit on Pitino, personally but the profession. Really hard to believe the head coach wouldn't know. Not saying some wouldn't stop it, but I believe they'd know, if it is true as reported.
October 3, 201511 yr Terry Rozier's didn't deny the rumors in the Boston Globe today. He didn't confirm them either. But his answer makes me think there may be at least a shred of truth. Dieng denied any knowledge but he also wasn't a player named .
October 3, 201511 yr Dieng denied any knowledge but he also wasn't a player named . Talking to a friend of mine last night, I put it this way: I'm not naive enough about these guys to think they're not up to things. I also know that recruiting is a dirty business... But if anything bad ever came to light about Gorgui, I'd probably cry.
October 3, 201511 yr Talking to a friend of mine last night, I put it this way: I'm not naive enough about these guys to think they're not up to things. I also know that recruiting is a dirty business... But if anything bad ever came to light about Gorgui, I'd probably cry. The reporter from Minnesota I'm guessing, seemed pretty convinced Dieng was bring truthful
October 3, 201511 yr So you think Pitino knew that people were possibly paying escorts to have sex with recruits? If it indeed did happen, how couldn't he know? It's his team and his recruits. And if he didn't, he should have. Sorta a catch 22 for him at this point. If it did happen, he's done, IMO.
October 3, 201511 yr I do believe that Pitino didn't know about these things. My question for Cat fans how is it Pitino could know about this, BUT Cal can't know about Umass and Memphis issues? There are many people hanging around these kids anything is possible and college coaches not know especially if the guy he hired to prevent this (Andre) is leading the charge.
October 3, 201511 yr From reading the book so far it seems like they were strippers invited to party and whatever happened there happened. I get the feeling that not even players knew the girls were possibly paid to have sex with them let alone Pitino.
October 3, 201511 yr From reading the book so far it seems like they were strippers invited to party and whatever happened there happened. I get the feeling that not even players knew the girls were possibly paid to have sex with them let alone Pitino. So then there's the big question again, who paid for it? It certainly wasn't McGee. Even if by chance Pitino or Jurich didn't know about it, it would still be a major violation if a booster arranged the whole deal. Following the money is the only way to find out.
October 3, 201511 yr So then there's the big question again, who paid for it? It certainly wasn't McGee. Even if by chance Pitino or Jurich didn't know about it, it would still be a major violation if a booster arranged the whole deal. Following the money is the only way to find out. According to the book she may have gotten 100-300 a visit. Sometimes she just got tickets. It wasn't like she was getting thousands of dollars each time they asked her to come up. Twenty something visits over 4 years is what I think it was.
October 3, 201511 yr Talking to a friend of mine last night, I put it this way: I'm not naive enough about these guys to think they're not up to things. I also know that recruiting is a dirty business... But if anything bad ever came to light about Gorgui, I'd probably cry. Or Peyton Siva
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.