Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Louisville First

Featured Replies

It would seem to me she is in as much trouble as she can cause Louisville. At the worst Louisville might lose some scholarships or have a probation period. The NCAA has never taken away a national championship in basketball and I don't think it will happen in this case either. However, she has admitted to pimping out her underage daughter. That self-incriminating evidence could land her in the Big House for a few years.

  • Replies 867
  • Views 100k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It would seem to me she is in as much trouble as she can cause Louisville. At the worst Louisville might lose some scholarships or have a probation period. The NCAA has never taken away a national championship in basketball and I don't think it will happen in this case either. However, she has admitted to pimping out her underage daughter. That self-incriminating evidence could land her in the Big House for a few years.

 

 

I think that's drastically understating the potential severity of the issue. If these rumors come to fruition, and it is found that a school employee was paying for recruits to have sex with underage girls, then I would be shocked if the punishment was simply taking a few scholarships away.

1. There's no way a Pulitzer Prize winner would stake his credibility on a false story.

 

2. Unless this woman is an absolute idiot (which is very possible), there's no way she would incriminate herself in a false story.

 

3. If indeed they link her cell phone calls and texts to Andre McGee, Louisville is in trouble.

I think that's drastically understating the potential severity of the issue. If these rumors come to fruition, and it is found that a school employee was paying for recruits to have sex with underage girls, then I would be shocked if the punishment was simply taking a few scholarships away.

No doubt what is alleged here is not good for Louisville if it's proven to be true. But don't underestimate the inconsistencies of the NCAA. They acted quickly on SMU and hammered them with penalties, but North Carolina has been charged with fake grades, fake classes, and unearned degrees dating back to over a decade and nothing has yet been been done with that mess. The UNC case is about institutional control too, same term being thrown around in the Louisville situation.

No doubt what is alleged here is not good for Louisville if it's proven to be true. But don't underestimate the inconsistencies of the NCAA. They acted quickly on SMU and hammered them with penalties, but North Carolina has been charged with fake grades, fake classes, and unearned degrees dating back to over a decade and nothing has yet been been done with that mess. The UNC case is about institutional control too, same term being thrown around in the Louisville situation.

 

If it were found to be true though, this situation would also be massively illegal. Was what UNC did illegal?

If it were found to be true though, this situation would also be massively illegal. Was what UNC did illegal?

I see your point.

 

That's why I said in my earlier post that the Madame has incriminated herself. She could be facing some time in prison. And possibly the assistant coach as well.

 

What I was referring to in my last post was how the NCAA might handle it. The illegal part of it will be for the judicial system to figure out.

The more I learn the more I believe that Louisville is in major trouble. I think it's inevitable.

No doubt what is alleged here is not good for Louisville if it's proven to be true. But don't underestimate the inconsistencies of the NCAA. They acted quickly on SMU and hammered them with penalties, but North Carolina has been charged with fake grades, fake classes, and unearned degrees dating back to over a decade and nothing has yet been been done with that mess. The UNC case is about institutional control too, same term being thrown around in the Louisville situation.

 

I haven't followed the UNC scandal all too closely, but I would assume that 19 years of infractions takes some time to sort through. Once the prosecution gets their ducks in order, there will be a punishment.

 

As far as the recent SMU scandal, there was only one infraction they had to assess, which explains why penalties were handed down much quicker.

 

One take away from the SMU scandal, is the implementation of the "failure to monitor" charge against Larry Brown which prevents a coach from using the "I didnt know it was happening" defense in cases where those in his office committed infractions. If it turns out that McGee did commit the alleged infractions while being employed by Louisville, it is almost a no-brainer that Pitino will also face this charge as well.

 

"The most severe punishment, however, could be reserved for Brown. Three years ago, the NCAA revamped its penalty structure, including a failure-to-monitor charge that prevented coaches from hiding behind the age-old defense that they didn't know what people in their offices were doing.

 

Under the new structure, the penalty for a coach is related directly to the severity of the infraction, as deemed by the Committee on Infractions. A Level I violation that is considered "standard," for example, requires a coach be withheld from between 20 percent and 50 percent of his games." (Via the World Wide Leader)

If (that's the unknown) her girls got with Montrezl Harrell and or his pops during his recruiting visit, then they very well could lose their title.

If (that's the unknown) her girls got with Montrezl Harrell and or his pops during his recruiting visit, then they very well could lose their title.

 

Or Russ Smith, or Peyton Siva, or Chane Behanan, or Wayne Blackshear....

 

Those guys were all apart of that team and are all in the book apparently.

I love that Louisville fans want the madame prosecuted. Really? You want all of the players, fathers, coaches, security guards and who ever else was around put on the stand under the threat of perjury and have to testify to the truth?

 

True or not, I don't think any Louisville fan wants any of this to see the inside of a court room.

Did anyone ever find a free online version of the book?

If it were found to be true though, this situation would also be massively illegal. Was what UNC did illegal?

Could there be some fraud issues with UNC?

Or Russ Smith, or Peyton Siva, or Chane Behanan, or Wayne Blackshear....

 

Those guys were all apart of that team and are all in the book apparently.

 

He was the only one that they would have got with while he was a recruit. (from what I understand, I haven't read the book) I think that is a bigger NCAA deal than being paid to hook up with players already on the team. Illegal recruiting always gets a bigger hit than other things it seems.

He was the only one that they would have got with while he was a recruit. (from what I understand, I haven't read the book) I think that is a bigger NCAA deal than being paid to hook up with players already on the team. Illegal recruiting always gets a bigger hit than other things it seems.

 

That's true. Didn't look at it from that angle.

 

For me, it seems that there's too much information and specific details for the entire thing to be fabricated.

 

Now as to how much of it is true, or who was involved, or who knew about it, that is up in the air IMO.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.