October 3, 201511 yr According to the book she may have gotten 100-300 a visit. Sometimes she just got tickets. It wasn't like she was getting thousands of dollars each time they asked her to come up. Twenty something visits over 4 years is what I think it was. Yea some initial reports made me think thousands of dollars each visit. We are talking 10k over a few years. It's not crazy money. But two things 1. If money changed hands and can be proven there will be some trouble. 2. For the prices we aren't talking high quality escorts. Could explain some of the decommit's the last few years.
October 3, 201511 yr Yea some initial reports made me think thousands of dollars each visit. We are talking 10k over a few years. It's not crazy money. But two things 1. If money changed hands and can be proven there will be some trouble. 2. For the prices we aren't talking high quality escorts. Could explain some of the decommit's the last few years. True and :lol2: :lol2:
October 3, 201511 yr According to the book she may have gotten 100-300 a visit. Sometimes she just got tickets. It wasn't like she was getting thousands of dollars each time they asked her to come up. Twenty something visits over 4 years is what I think it was. That seems awful cheap. I've seen some of her pictures though, so maybe it's true.
October 3, 201511 yr Terry Rozier's didn't deny the rumors in the Boston Globe today. He didn't confirm them either. But his answer makes me think there may be at least a shred of truth. Dieng denied any knowledge but he also wasn't a player named . Did you see what the book said about Terry Rozier? Of course he didn't deny it
October 3, 201511 yr Did you see what the book said about Terry Rozier? Of course he didn't deny it Haven't read hardly any of it yet. Purchased it. But watching football.
October 3, 201511 yr Haven't read hardly any of it yet. Purchased it. But watching football. You'll find out soon why he's not denying anything
October 3, 201511 yr I do believe that Pitino didn't know about these things. My question for Cat fans how is it Pitino could know about this, BUT Cal can't know about Umass and Memphis issues? There are many people hanging around these kids anything is possible and college coaches not know especially if the guy he hired to prevent this (Andre) is leading the charge. Realistic Cats fans, myself included, believe Cal knew about both situations. If this really happened, I can't imagine any way Pitino didn't know. Would feel the same way if it happened at Kentucky.
October 4, 201511 yr To be fair, it was his restaurant. Give the poor guy a break hah. It was? To the best of my knowledge, Rick did/does not own Porcini's. I am told as often as he could be found in there you may think he owned it but was only a patron.
October 4, 201511 yr It was? To the best of my knowledge, Rick did/does not own Porcini's. I am told as often as he could be found in there you may think he owned it but was only a patron. By "his" I didn't mean it was owned by him. Just meant it was "his" and obviously he was allowed to do whatever he wanted there. Fotunetly for Ricky and UL, he said he is 100% against cheating in the press conference. So I imagine everything is a OK.
October 4, 201511 yr Realistic Cats fans, myself included, believe Cal knew about both situations. If this really happened, I can't imagine any way Pitino didn't know. Would feel the same way if it happened at Kentucky. The more I read the more I lean towards Pitino didn't know because she is lying or delusional. For example, she claims they were getting paid to have sex with the players but for some reason Andre McGee's money wasn't good enough for any of them to have sex with him. Apparently he tried to have sex with them but none of them wanted to. That doesn't make sense. Either you are a hooker or you aren't.
October 4, 201510 yr I don't disagree with Deuce that star athletes don't need to pay. But so many pro athletes do anyway and I'm guessing if a coach comes in with a group of women ready and willing many aren't going to say no. With all that said I'm not ready to say it's true. My very uneducated understanding of situations like that is they are paying for them to keep their mouths shut more than anything. JMO.
October 4, 201510 yr Have literally never heard of McGee being at all involved with recruiting. Another big hole in the story. Piton needs to have an out. He's not dumb. Everyone has a fall guy setup or should. Or he had no idea. Who knows. As we know with the NCAA at the end of the day it doesn't really matter if he knew or not. He's going to be held responsible. Edited October 4, 201510 yr by HammerTime
October 4, 201510 yr Facts that are known today. There are pictures of players with fully clothed girls. There are pictures outside the dorm. There is 1 picture of a dorm. She says she has lost about 700 text. She has no proof money was exchange. She admits of having a crush on one of the players. She used 3 girls under the age of 18 to provide sex to adults over 18. My thoughts Pictures taken with Girls Not against NCAA Rules or Ky Laws Several players had sex with these girls. - Not against NCAA Rules or Ky Laws. I would assume some cash has been exchanged. Not against NCAA Rules - Did violate KY law. Guys over the age of 18 had sex with girls under 18 - Not against NCAA Rules - Did violate KY Law This lady was human traffic young girls - Not against NCAA rules - She did Violate KY Law
October 4, 201510 yr I refuse to believe Pitino knew about this fully. I do expect he knew something was going on but he probably did not want to know and honestly I don't feel it is his job. I am as big of a UK fan as anyone but the Pitino bashing has gone to far. There are several players Siva, Deng, and Hancock that in the book are mentioned as not partaking or not mentioned at all. As the head coach all Pitino can do is tell these young adults to make good decisions. He is not their parents and he is not able nor should he know where they are 100% of the time. If basketball money or UofL money was used to pay for services that makes it a little different but I don't see anyway that happened. Bottom line is this is something that should not be happening but let's face it. I can not think of a single dorm from a single college (I attended Centre and partied at numerous schools) that has not had a prostitue in it.
October 4, 201510 yr I heard a guy refer to their new slogan as L1CWhore, for some twisted reason I got a chuckle out of that.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.