Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Louisville First

Featured Replies

I have read the entire book

 

I'm on chapter 3. Should be done by Wednesday. The money exchanged so far is small potatoes and it seems to me like this is all being overblown. I don't think Pitino knew because it was nothing more than folks having a party. Did someone pay for sex? Possibly but it was far from organized. They were groupies is my opinion so far and this is a money grab by Katina Powell. Do you agree?

  • Replies 867
  • Views 100k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm on chapter 3. Should be done by Wednesday. The money exchanged so far is small potatoes and it seems to me like this is all being overblown. I don't think Pitino knew because it was nothing more than folks having a party. Did someone pay for sex? Possibly but it was far from organized. They were groupies is my opinion so far and this is a money grab by Katina Powell. Do you agree?

 

It gets more interesting. I'm convinced that at least parts of it are true. The phone records are where the real proof would be. If the NCAA can prove that those messages are really from McGee...then UL is in trouble, IMO.

I believe the article in the C-J this morning said she was 41 and had attended St. Columba grade school. It seems to me that St. Columba may have been closed by the time she was of grade school age., but maybe not.

I'm on chapter 3. Should be done by Wednesday. The money exchanged so far is small potatoes and it seems to me like this is all being overblown. I don't think Pitino knew because it was nothing more than folks having a party. Did someone pay for sex? Possibly but it was far from organized. They were groupies is my opinion so far and this is a money grab by Katina Powell. Do you agree?

 

I agree the money isn't as much as I originally thought , but I think this story is similar to the OSU tattoo scandal. So if parts and proven true I would expect some form of punishment.

The entire book is online (free). Can that be linked here?

Makes you wonder who came because of the strippers on their visit.

Or who didn't sign with UL

It's just hard for me to believe this story... And it would be hard for me to believe at ANY school. No school needs to pay escorts to have sex with their players. That stuff comes free right on campus. I've been wrong before, so who knows really.

Exactly what I was thinking!! There have been stories in the past about programs that had female students doing their best for the good of the team....and for free.

According to the book she may have gotten 100-300 a visit. Sometimes she just got tickets. It wasn't like she was getting thousands of dollars each time they asked her to come up. Twenty something visits over 4 years is what I think it was.

If she did get paid, rule of thumb says she got paid half of what she claims.

More conversations I have had with a few people they more I think if any violations occur they will be only secondary infractions. If proven true.

 

If this can't be proven the damage is done to Andre MeGee and UL.

This just in!!!!

 

Roger Goodell has derived at his punishment for Louisville. The basketball program must now pay for "escorts" for every NFL team except for the Patriots. He said and I quote "I hate those guys."

 

Also Billy G is wondering how he can get recruited by UofL

Daggum Roy @DaggumRoy

Gotdern, I'm a need a cigarette. #FilthaAllegations

Dick Cady says an independent firm researched and confirmed that Katina Powell was talking to Andre McGee.

 

This is looking worse and worse for UL

 

Louisville Basketball | Cady: Powell's claims 'pretty damn credible'

 

I'm a UofL fan and I'm not naive, so I realistically have no idea what happened. Still, you're about the only person I have seen that has become more convinced as details emerge.

 

That Q&A with the author has actually made me feel better about the whole ordeal. There's the claim that Pitino knew. Wouldn't that be something to include in the book and not come out with later? His comment about the "rap and hip hop" music makes it seem like he thinks Pitino lives there.

 

He talks about how his story has holes, but they would have been filled in with 6 more months. I put that in the same category as the virus on the phone. On top of that, what the heck is his publisher doing contacting UofL to id somebody in a picture? With the subjects at issue, wouldn't a google machine work just as well? Finally, I love the "I have more information which proves everything but you can't see it" defense.

 

I see two plausible scenarios, both of which seem to play into the Cards favor, but of course anything else could be the truth.

 

1.) Powell made up the majority of her story in hopes of a cash grab. Either Jurich declined to pay hush money and called her bluff, or she didn't think through all of the legal ramifications and she goes down with the ship.

 

2.) She's telling the truth, but Cady made sure to leave enough holes in her story so she won't face prosecution. If her claims can't be proven, then it's hard to see how UofL would receive any sort of major sanctions.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.