Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Louisville First

Featured Replies

Apparently IBJ created a new LLC JUST for publishing this book...

 

I was just reading that. This tells me that they were preparing for any legal backlash - separating this from the umbrella of the parent company.

  • Replies 867
  • Views 100k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One other thing I want to mention.. Several people have said that there's no way McGee could have funded this on his own, I even agreed at one point. But after thinking about it, he absolutely could have. His salary was over $100k if I'm not mistaken... $10,000 over four years is only $2500 a year to a guy making six figures. That's easily doable, and not at all ridiculous to think he could have done on his own.

I was just reading that. This tells me that they were preparing for any legal backlash - separating this from the umbrella of the parent company.

 

So my question would be, if they were so confident in this story, why the need to launch it under a separate LLC?

So my question would be, if they were so confident in this story, why the need to launch it under a separate LLC?

 

This new information has brought my percentage of Louisville trouble from 85% sure down to about 65%. It seems to change with every article.

 

Also, I was thinking McGee made like $50k or less per year.

So my question would be, if they were so confident in this story, why the need to launch it under a separate LLC?

 

I had never heard of IBJ prior to Friday, but has Mauer previously published any books? The reason why the new LLC seems strange to me is that Powell claims to have shopped her story to different publishers outside of Louisville after googling them. How would she have found IBJ if they weren't in that business? Of course, they may have just created the LLC because regardless of whether her claims are true or not, it would be foolish to not CYB.

 

Another point that hasn't been discussed, Powell claims to have contacted the NCAA before going to a publisher. Apparently a "young white guy" told her they weren't interested. Obviously she was doing this out of the kindness of her heart, right? And I guess Jurich controls the NCAA in addition to the media? (sarcasm font)

Pitino will give an exclusive interview here at 3:00 p.m.:

 

WLCLFM

That was an interesting interview.

And....???

 

I'm not really sure what to think honestly. Pitino sounds different than I've ever heard him. He sounds like a broken man.

 

Says he cried himself to sleep Friday night because Billy Minardi died in the WTC and the thought of these things happening in the dorm named after Minardi breaks his heart.

And....???

 

Probably exactly what you would expect. A bit of Pitino-speak, a reference to his time at Kentucky, some hyperbole.

 

It sounds like he is a guy who always knows what's going on and always gets answers if he doesn't know anything. He's frustrated because everything he hears is denial, but he can't go out and do his own investigation so for all we know a hammer could drop at any time. He said McGee is the only guy who knows everything, but he isn't allowed to talk per his attorney's instructions. Essentially he stands behind how his program has been run and his former players, but doesn't know as much as he wishes he does.

They are going to replay the Pitino interview in 5 minutes if anyone wants to listen.

I'm not really sure what to think honestly. Pitino sounds different than I've ever heard him. He sounds like a broken man.

 

Says he cried himself to sleep Friday night because Billy Minardi died in the WTC and the thought of these things happening in the dorm named after Minardi breaks his heart.

 

He was really close to his brother-in-law, so I could see it having that kind of effect on him. It kind of makes you look at this from a different perspective as well.

I am about 50/50 on this entire thing.

 

Antonio Blankey mother claims he was never involved.

  • Author
I am about 50/50 on this entire thing.

 

Antonio Blankey mother claims he was never involved.

 

I think her story has legs. I'm just not sold on the involvement or awareness of anyone on the UL staff.

 

The statement from momma Blackney does nothing for me however. If I was hooking up with prostitutes I'd deny it to my mother also.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.