Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Louisville First

Featured Replies

Pitino will get a slap in the wrist. Maybe suspended 4 games to start the season against cupcakes anyway. If it was UK investigation it would be ugly and Cal would get crushed.

 

Cal has had rumors of trouble everywhere he has gone and he still hasn't gotten in trouble, he always finds a way to stay clean.

 

IMO, most of the time when there is some type of rumor swirling, it had to come from something, but he just gets better and better jobs.

  • Replies 867
  • Views 99.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
After reading the NCAA's response, I'm going with 13 game (so basically non-conference schedule) suspension for Pitino and a 1 year postseason ban as their punishment.

 

I think that if a coach has ANY NCAA suspension during the season that Coach should also be suspended for that years post season, not the team just the coach. Other wise sitting out 13 non-conference games means next to nothing. Whether it's Rick, Boeheim or Cal...if you get suspended for breaking NCAA rules even one game, you should be suspended for the post season as well. Schools should also have clauses in coaches contracts that if they face NCAA suspension they are hit very hard financially.

Could the championship season be vacated?

Could the championship season be vacated?

 

Could be, maybe should be but I doubt it will be.

Not a cards fan by any means, but to punish players who werent involved to me is wrong. It happens at every college in any sport. Ten years after an incident players and even coaches get the hammer. If the only one left from this situation is Pitino, then Pitino should be the only one punished, not the new recruit who couldnt find Louisville on a map before being recruited.

 

But Alas, the NCAA usually doesnt rule with common sense.

Cal has had rumors of trouble everywhere he has gone and he still hasn't gotten in trouble, he always finds a way to stay clean.

 

IMO, most of the time when there is some type of rumor swirling, it had to come from something, but he just gets better and better jobs.

 

Rumors of trouble and admitting that you had hookers in the dorm are two different things

One thing I'll say for Pitino...I admire the fact that he's hung around for all this. He very easily could've just checked out and retired leaving the school to bear the weight of any punishment. He's sticking it out. Not sure a lot of coaches would do that.

 

This matches what someone very close to the coach told me when this broke - that he would fight it all the way because he was blindsided this.

Rumors of trouble and admitting that you had hookers in the dorm are two different things

 

That may be true, but trouble is trouble. Yes two different situations, but all I'm saying is Cal wouldn't be investigated any more or less than any other big coach because he already has, and mostly nothing has come from it.

 

For Pitino, he is fighting so hard because I am sure he had no idea. I'm sure he assigned a coach or two to monitor kids and stayed far from it, he has been around too long to get caught up in the behind the scenes recruiting/treatment the players get.

That may be true' date=' but trouble is trouble. Yes two different situations, but all I'm saying is Cal wouldn't be investigated any more or less than any other big coach because he already has, [b']and mostly nothing has come from it.[/b]

 

For Pitino, he is fighting so hard because I am sure he had no idea. I'm sure he assigned a coach or two to monitor kids and stayed far from it, he has been around too long to get caught up in the behind the scenes recruiting/treatment the players get.

 

I'd say that vacating a Final Four banner is certainly something.

I'd say that vacating a Final Four banner is certainly something.

 

I think those are the most redundant penalties like taking the Heisman from Reggie bush. Who cares, he was still the best player that year, That team still went that far and vacating the official title to me means nothing. Now banning a team from the tourney when they have a chance to make noise, now that is a punishment.

I think those are the most redundant penalties like taking the Heisman from Reggie bush. Who cares' date=' he was still the best player that year, That team still went that far and vacating the official title to me means nothing. Now banning a team from the tourney when they have a chance to make noise, now that is a punishment.[/quote']

 

I guess I see them both as major punishments. I'd absolutely hate for either to happen to my program.

 

We can see losing a banner, even if its just a Final Four banner, isn't a big deal. But people would come out of the woodwork to hate on UK if they lost one.

That may be true, but trouble is trouble. Yes two different situations, but all I'm saying is Cal wouldn't be investigated any more or less than any other big coach because he already has, and mostly nothing has come from it.

 

For Pitino, he is fighting so hard because I am sure he had no idea. I'm sure he assigned a coach or two to monitor kids and stayed far from it, he has been around too long to get caught up in the behind the scenes recruiting/treatment the players get.

 

If you think a head coach in today's society has NO IDEA what the recruits are doing that he has ON CAMPUS for official visits you'd better pull your head out of the sand!!!

If you think a head coach in today's society has NO IDEA what the recruits are doing that he has ON CAMPUS for official visits you'd better pull your head out of the sand!!!

 

I totally agree with this sentiment. If a top 15 recruit/McDonald's All-American (A Blakeney) is coming on campus, you're telling me Pitino had no idea what was going on? He never once asked "what are your plans with this guy?" Or "how did it go last night?"

 

Maybe he didn't know Katina Powell, but he had to know there were shenanigans going on. Guys talk.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.