Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Louisville First

Featured Replies

Not because a UL fan, but why is it offensive? It was a Halloween party, right? People dress up as all KINDS of things. If this was some sort of YouTube video with accompanying racist remarks, and it wasn't Halloween, I could see some outrage. But my nephew is a PhD student there and totally belittling the entire UL board and staff as indicative of racism. I'm not getting it.

 

It shouldn't be offensive, I agree with you 100% Señorita Rockmom. BUT, we live in a world full of overly sensitive people and the last thing he needs is to give someone a ball bat to beat him over the head with.

 

Someone might say they are stereotyping with the big hats and mustaches.

  • Replies 867
  • Views 99.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not because a UL fan' date=' but why is it offensive? It was a Halloween party, right? People dress up as all KINDS of things. If this was some sort of YouTube video with accompanying racist remarks, and it wasn't Halloween, I could see some outrage. But my nephew is a PhD student there and totally belittling the entire UL board and staff as indicative of racism. I'm not getting it.[/quote']

 

Not to nitpick but someone going in blackface is considered offensive, is this not going to be in the same vein?

Not to nitpick but someone going in blackface is considered offensive, is this not going to be in the same vein?

 

I think it's all silly but you have a point.

University of Louisville has issued an apology. Ramsey will be packing his bags soon. Rick and Tom have their fall guy

 

Just out of curiosity do you believe in verified wire transfers and text messages. How about eyewitness accounts?

 

What exactly do you mean?

You guys get offended too easily, there's nothing wrong with pretending to be a Mexican for a day.

 

#L1si4

What exactly do you mean?

 

They have verified wire transfers from McGee to Powell, text messages from McGee's phone to Powell, and people who participated that said it happened.

I'm waiting on the new bridge to be finished. The timing should be such that it opens and we find out more from the NCAA and I can be the first to jump from the new bridge.

Wait til I get to work before you jump. The traffic standstill would be a nightmare.

Not because a UL fan, but why is it offensive? It was a Halloween party, right? People dress up as all KINDS of things. If this was some sort of YouTube video with accompanying racist remarks, and it wasn't Halloween, I could see some outrage. But my nephew is a PhD student there and totally belittling the entire UL board and staff as indicative of racism. I'm not getting it.

 

Read the editorial linked in the article above: "The president of a school that prides itself in diversity opted to dress himself and his staff as a culture for Halloween. Not just a culture, but a minority that is frequently faced with prejudice. Not just a culture, but a completely wrongfully depicted culture according to people who are actually in that culture."

 

The white majority doesn't get to decide what's offensive.

You guys get offended too easily' date=' there's nothing wrong with pretending to be a Mexican for a day. #L1si4
Sounds like you're upset again. You're not the same when you're hungry, go eat a snickers.
Good. One step closer to finding the truth.

 

And for getting it over with...

I am about as neutral as it comes on all things U of L. I have always respected the bball program since the days of Denny Crum and while I really dislike UK hoops, I have never disliked any U of L program. Don't love them either.

 

I just think they need to clean house at U of L because the fans, students and alum deserve better. Look, Pitino is a good (make that great) coach but he has slept with half of Lexington and now a whole bunch of Louisville it would appear. This whole thing went down on his watch and I just refuse to believe he did not know anything about it for YEARS. If he did not, that may be just as bad. Petrino?? How that guy got a major college gig again after his Arkansas issues is beyond me. The President of U of L?? I don't know much about him but from what Getslow says, the guy is greedy and corrupt and now comes out with the video where all I can say is how in the world did nobody in that video not think and say..."hmmm, this may not be a good idea"...

 

U of L is a proud institution that is very close to becoming a "once proud institution". The people there deserve leadership better than this...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.