October 27, 201510 yr So you're saying Jurich doesn't control the Louisville Media and Tucker is bias toward UK? UK fan discussing controlling media and the puppets that write about a team? Pure gold.
October 27, 201510 yr UK fan discussing controlling media and the puppets that write about a team? Pure gold. If you're insinuating that UK controls the media, you couldn't be more wrong.
October 27, 201510 yr According to an interview he just did on the radio here in Louisville, attorney Larry Wilder said his client, Katina Powell, will not speak to UofL's investigator or the NCAA unless she is granted full immunity from the local authorities that could conceivably bring criminal charges against her. That is to say: Katina Powell may never actually speak to the NCAA.
October 27, 201510 yr According to an interview he just did on the radio here in Louisville, attorney Larry Wilder said his client, Katina Powell, will not speak to UofL's investigator or the NCAA unless she is granted full immunity from the local authorities that could conceivably bring criminal charges against her. That is to say: Katina Powell may never actually speak to the NCAA. I can't really think of anything Powell would have to gain by cooperating with the NCAA. On one hand I doubt she would sell any more books even if her story was completely confirmed. On the other, any discrepancies or changes in her story set her up for either prosecution or a UofL lawsuit. All I really know is that it seems like she would have been much better suited to have hired counsel prior to selling her story to IBJ. I don't really buy the IU angle as it seems completely circumstantial to me, but for the life of me I cannot understand how this all came out the way it did. Why was everything so rushed together? How did Maurer find Katina or Katina find Maurer?
October 27, 201510 yr I'd be surprised if she were granted immunity. Assuming that doesn't happen, that means she's not talking. So what does that mean for this whole ordeal?
October 27, 201510 yr I'd be surprised if she were granted immunity. Assuming that doesn't happen, that means she's not talking. So what does that mean for this whole ordeal? There's plenty still out there for the NCAA to use. They have former recruits corroborating certain elements from the book and that will be trouble enough. What I hope it means is that this won't get any worse than it already looks.
October 27, 201510 yr According to an interview he just did on the radio here in Louisville, attorney Larry Wilder said his client, Katina Powell, will not speak to UofL's investigator or the NCAA unless she is granted full immunity from the local authorities that could conceivably bring criminal charges against her. That is to say: Katina Powell may never actually speak to the NCAA. Neither the Commonwealth Attorney (whose office prosecutes felonies) nor the County Attorney (prosecuting misdemeanors) is beholden to UL or the NCAA and I don't follow why her attorney would insinuate that the Com. Atty. - Tom Wine - or the County Attorney - Mike O'Connell - would grant her immunity in order to further UL's and/or the NCAA's interests. Therefore, I agree that maybe we've heard the last of Ms. Powell. If she is prosecuted, she could also invoke the 5th Amendment and remain silent so as not to incriminate herself.
October 27, 201510 yr Neither the Commonwealth Attorney (whose office prosecutes felonies) nor the County Attorney (prosecuting misdemeanors) is beholden to UL or the NCAA and I don't follow why her attorney would insinuate that the Com. Atty. - Tom Wine - or the County Attorney - Mike O'Connell - would grant her immunity in order to further UL's and/or the NCAA's interests. Therefore, I agree that maybe we've heard the last of Ms. Powell. If she is prosecuted, she could also invoke the 5th Amendment and remain silent so as not to incriminate herself. I don't think they're worried about furthering the NCAA's interests, but I think that's merely his prerequisite for her speaking to anyone. The action of one has little to do with the other apart from Mr. Wilder protecting his client. It was clear that the TV interviews of last week were granted on the condition that certain difficult questions were not asked. He won't allow her to face any more stringent questioning that could open his client up to all sorts of issues unless he's sure she won't face blowback from a third party (the commonwealth/county) who's not even involved in the questioning.
October 28, 201510 yr NCAA officials were at Louisville on Monday and Tuesday, interviewing members of the Cardinals basketball program concerning recent allegations made by former escort Katina Powell, multiple sources told ESPN's Jeff Goodman.
October 28, 201510 yr The underage prostitution I will never get. Especially, for those who have daughters. I guess it's an honest trade. The mom has about as much morals, ethics, and character as an earthworm. Actually, she's lower than an earthworm. A mother that would permit and monitor her underage daughters (or above aged daughters for that matter) in such a way as she claims is about as morally bad as it can get.
October 28, 201510 yr I think we are just not as upset' date=' ashamed, and outraged, as some would like us to be. This is driving some posters nut-zo. The psychology of this thread is interesting honestly.[/quote'] There is literally nothing that Pitino, UL, or Jurich could do that you all would condemn. You all are microchipped. People on here are foolish to believe that you all would condemn UL.
October 28, 201510 yr There is literally nothing that Pitino, UL, or Jurich could do that you all would condemn. You all are microchipped. People on here are foolish to believe that you all would condemn UL. If you could provide a list of wrongs, I'll go through the list and indicate where they register on my outrage meter. To my mind, I've seen nothing apart from a young staffer trying to make himself into a big timer. I don't think Pitino knew. I certainly don't think Jurich knew. President Ramsey doesn't concern himself with things of this nature unless a multi-million dollar swindle is involved. Who should I turn my nose up at and why? Explain it to me like I'm five.
October 28, 201510 yr If you could provide a list of wrongs' date=' I'll go through the list and indicate where they register on my outrage meter. To my mind, I've seen nothing apart from a young staffer trying to make himself into a big timer. I don't think Pitino knew. I certainly don't think Jurich knew. President Ramsey doesn't concern himself with things of this nature unless a multi-million dollar swindle is involved. Who should I turn my nose up at and why? Explain it to me like I'm five.[/quote'] If he did know he should be fired, if he didn't know he should resign. I'm not wasting my time explaining anything to UL robots. We all get it in your minds adultery is the symbol of a successful businessman and prostitution is an honest trade. Would I expect smart well rounded people such as you, RM and Deuce to stand your ground for the city and University, sure, but it's not happening. I'll give you this though, you all are loyal.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.