October 23, 201510 yr If McGee comes out and says Rick "ordered the code red", obviously it is over. But, if McGee is a rogue assistant that took it upon himself to do what he is alleged to have done, does that make it any better? Does McGee resigning help or hurt UL's case? They are saying none of this happened, correct? Honestly, I haven't followed this too closely because I hate it.
October 23, 201510 yr If McGee comes out and says Rick "ordered the code red", obviously it is over. But, if McGee is a rogue assistant that took it upon himself to do what he is alleged to have done, does that make it any better? Does McGee resigning help or hurt UL's case? They are saying none of this happened, correct? Honestly, I haven't followed this too closely because I hate it. I don't think him resigning has any affect on the overall story. He is denying it also in his comments about his resignation.
October 23, 201510 yr If McGee comes out and says Rick "ordered the code red", obviously it is over. But, if McGee is a rogue assistant that took it upon himself to do what he is alleged to have done, does that make it any better? Does McGee resigning help or hurt UL's case? They are saying none of this happened, correct? Honestly, I haven't followed this too closely because I hate it. I don't think anyone with the UofL athletic department has flatly denied the story entirely. Which is smart because something... unseemly... definitely went down. There's been a lot of "We're going to wait for the NCAA and Chuck Smrt to conclude their investigations and get all the facts in."
October 23, 201510 yr I don't think anyone with the UofL athletic department has flatly denied the story entirely. Which is smart because something... unseemly... definitely went down. There's been a lot of "We're going to wait for the NCAA and Chuck Smrt to conclude their investigations and get all the facts in." That guy needs to buy a vowel.
October 23, 201510 yr There's more to the Pitino and Petrino stories than just cheating on their wives. Leave the adultery out of it and there is still no way you rehire Petrino, unless you have no moral compass or self respect.
October 23, 201510 yr What is going to be interesting is who is going to be the National media member or handful of media members who make this story their focus the next year. Anytime something like this happens in sports there is always someone looking to elevate their status.
October 24, 201510 yr This. Is. Excellent. Even if it is as bogus as Katina Powell.....this is excellent. :lol2: The Pasadena Post: Former William Wesley Acquaintance: Woman Behind... Best line here: If you want to dismiss my last interview as codswallop, that’s fair, because I stand by the assertions in that interview as 100 percent fact. Sooooo … "codswallop?" I can honestly say I've never seen that word in my life. Sure. Why not. :lol:
October 24, 201510 yr Best line here: Sooooo … "codswallop?" I can honestly say I've never seen that word in my life. Sure. Why not. :lol: Codswallop sounds like a word that would cost more than $2,500 annually.
October 24, 201510 yr Codswallop sounds like a word that would cost more than $2,500 annually. I am dying to know more about this word. I hope to use it as often as possible one day. It sounds like something somebody's great-great-grandaddy born in the 1880s would say. It deserves to be resurrected.
October 24, 201510 yr I saw a clip of the woman and her daughters on the view, and I'm not sure I believe much of what they say. It's fascinating that the mom basically claims she's doing this to warn people about what they're sending their kids into when they get to college...like she's trying to protect other people's kids... Umm...wasn't she the one prostituting her daughters out? “It’s about the book and the money, I’d be lying if I said it wasn’t,” Katina said. “I think people get the wrong perception. It’s like, ‘bash me because of what I’ve done,’ but the big picture is, do you want your child to come to college as a young boy and the leave as a grown man with 2 girls…you know. It was what it was.”
October 24, 201510 yr Jaylen Rose.... "recruiting visits are like a bachelor party"... Jalen being Jaylen. In the end im wondering if this issue will change the way recruits are handled after day light hours.
October 24, 201510 yr If McGee comes out and says Rick "ordered the code red", obviously it is over. But, if McGee is a rogue assistant that took it upon himself to do what he is alleged to have done, does that make it any better? Does McGee resigning help or hurt UL's case? They are saying none of this happened, correct? Honestly, I haven't followed this too closely because I hate it. Not sure what McGee will say but heard that the bolded is definitely not the case. It seems there is some sort of fire that goes with the smoke but this apparently was not at all sanctioned or approved of at the top. The woman has said she did not know if Pitino knew previously and then yesterday says - he must have known. She was obviously on the view to pump up sales and up her royalties but she may need to get you story really straight and quit speculating on things.
October 24, 201510 yr I saw a clip of the woman and her daughters on the view, and I'm not sure I believe much of what they say. It's fascinating that the mom basically claims she's doing this to warn people about what they're sending their kids into when they get to college...like she's trying to protect other people's kids... Umm...wasn't she the one prostituting her daughters out? “It’s about the book and the money, I’d be lying if I said it wasn’t,” Katina said. “I think people get the wrong perception. It’s like, ‘bash me because of what I’ve done,’ but the big picture is, do you want your child to come to college as a young boy and the leave as a grown man with 2 girls…you know. It was what it was.” Just out of curiosity do you believe in verified wire transfers and text messages. How about eyewitness accounts?
October 24, 201510 yr It very well does make one question her character. However her having bad character has never been in doubt from the beginning, IMO. I think that's a given when you openly admit you pimped out your daughters. But again, I doubt it will change whatever the NCAA decides to do about this. I know you or anyone else may not believe me, but I hope this isn't as bad as it sounds. I know Katina Powell personally, we went canoeing on the Ohio river once and I can tell you she's a tough ho to row!
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.