Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Louisville First

Featured Replies

^:lol2: :lol2:

  • Replies 867
  • Views 100k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No I am fully aware that it is not meant to be taken as a legit article. At the same time, I absolutely expect to see this article posted all over my facebook wall (thank you simpleton cardinal-fan friends I have), and taken as proof that Calipari is still slimy and Petino is just being set up by Cal and his evil empire.

 

What morons do with it isn't the article's fault....

I guess I just appreciate (make a deliberately offensive or provocative online posting with the aim of upsetting someone or eliciting an angry response from them) efforts more when they the author puts his/her real name and it gets published by a legitimate source. See:

 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/colleges/nothing-to-see-in-louisville-basketball-program-as-far-as-rick-pitino-knows/2015/10/21/929715b0-780b-11e5-b9c1-f03c48c96ac2_story.html?tid=sm_tw_ps

As heard on KSR yesterday (can't wait for the T-shirt)- For the UK/UL games-

Pro's vs. Ho's.

 

Lorenzen's website already has them ready for sale.

Come again?!

 

You really don't understand that your football and basketball coaches treat women like objects?

You really don't understand that your football and basketball coaches treat women like objects?

 

You really don't understand that your football coach treats his football program as a breeding ground for criminals and a sanctuary from consequences? Or your former football coach has a penchant for either ignorance or corruption?

 

See how easy it is to paint with broad strokes? I was going to say it's fun to take isolated incidents and draw sweeping conclusions, but that wouldn't be true for the generalizations I'm making facetiously about the OSU coaches since they occurred over much longer periods of time.

You really don't understand that your football and basketball coaches treat women like objects?

 

Your post made it sound like ALL sports, and you're dead wrong if that's the case. I would also say i think that you can look to any college and see the same misogyny if you limit your judgment of an entire athletic program on men's basketball and football.

Your post made it sound like ALL sports' date=' and you're dead wrong if that's the case. I would also say i think that you can look to any college and see the same misogyny if you limit your judgment of an entire athletic program on men's basketball and football.[/quote']

 

Can you share other coaches who have committed similar transgressions and still have jobs? Is it just irony that UL employees 2 in the same athletic department? I'm perplexed as a strong, well respected women, that you can support those characters. Lousiville is Lousiville, it was there before these coaches and will be there long after they're gone.

Can you share other coaches who have committed similar transgressions and still have jobs? Is it just irony that UL employees 2 in the same athletic department? I'm perplexed as a strong, well respected women, that you can support those characters. Lousiville is Lousiville, it was there before these coaches and will be there long after they're gone.

 

Nobody in America knows how many coaches have cheated on their wives and kept their jobs. Just because we don't here about it in our little bubble doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

 

I'm in no way condoning the actions of either, but to paint the picture that they are the only two coaches in the NCAA that have committed such actions is a little naive, IMO.

I just don't think it is in anyone involved with Louisville interest, for this to see the inside of a court room with subpoena power and a charge of perjury hanging over the head of those testifying.

I wonder if this is credible?

 

birdcage - R4Six

 

If it's a real story then that's a... creative... interpretation of that statute.

Can you share other coaches who have committed similar transgressions and still have jobs? Is it just irony that UL employees 2 in the same athletic department? I'm perplexed as a strong, well respected women, that you can support those characters. Lousiville is Lousiville, it was there before these coaches and will be there long after they're gone.

 

So “strong and well respected” women cannot support the imperfect?

 

Can we not support our imperfect friends, family and co-workers? Or just not support imperfect college coaches? LOL

Can you share other coaches who have committed similar transgressions and still have jobs? Is it just irony that UL employees 2 in the same athletic department? I'm perplexed as a strong, well respected women, that you can support those characters. Lousiville is Lousiville, it was there before these coaches and will be there long after they're gone.

 

Until Pure Vida posted, I had totally missed the "strong, well respected" part of your post. Thank you for that. :D

 

But you know what makes me the way I am? I can roll with the imperfections of people, even men. After some of the things I've been through, I've learned that people, both men and women, are complicated. I learned never to judge a person based only on their transgressions. Life is not black and white, as much as we'd all like life to be.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.