October 20, 201510 yr Absolutely hate that this has happened. After ESPN's disclosures today, pretty obvious it happened to some very shameful and ugly degree. I bleed blue, but still supported Rick and UL. Also, have great respect for Tom Jurich and almost everything he has done at UL (with Petrino being the lone exception). All that being said, I suspect Pitino did not know (maybe chose not to know) and unfortunately it was his responsibility to know. This is so embarrassing for the entire UL family, I cannot see Coach Petino surviving, nor should he. Unfortunately, Tom Jurich might (?) need to go too and that would be unfortunate collateral damage.
October 20, 201510 yr Most of the folks at UL need to be fired as well. Even if every single adverse claim is true, and even if more claims come out that are also true, how in the world are you going to an independent investigator then clean house before the report is even finished?
October 20, 201510 yr Not only was it Petino's job to know, but does anyone else find it hard to believe that the other Assistant Coaches were blind and deaf for those four years? A lot of quality basketball minds could have their careers affected by the toxicity of association with the program during McGee's timeframe.
October 20, 201510 yr Even if every single adverse claim is true, and even if more claims come out that are also true, how in the world are you going to an independent investigator then clean house before the report is even finished? Because that is what he wants to happen...
October 20, 201510 yr Author Just a few thoughts: 1. I doubt Andre McGee ever speaks about this fiasco unless it goes to court. What does he have to gain ? His coaching career is over. 2. I truly don't believe Pitino knew about any of this and I still don't believe he keeps his job. Considering his past problems combined with the hiring of Petrino, if any of this is found to be true, I feel like UL goes in another direction. If nothing else, it makes sense from a PR standpoint. 3. Got a chuckle out of this.
October 20, 201510 yr Just a few thoughts: 1. I doubt Andre McGee ever speaks about this fiasco unless it goes to court. What does he have to gain ? His coaching career is over. 2. I truly don't believe Pitino knew about any of this and I still don't believe he keeps his job. Considering his past problems combined with the hiring of Petrino, if any of this is found to be true, I feel like UL goes in another direction. If nothing else, it makes sense from a PR standpoint. 3. Got a chuckle out of this. I've been trying to figure that part out myself.
October 20, 201510 yr You guys keep holding on to the faith. Do you think these respected journalists are just making the story up? And no, that's not what I want. But I'm also not naive. It's only going to get worse as more details emerge . Pray it doesn't go to court.
October 20, 201510 yr Travis Ford said Slick Rick knew. @chrisDuderstadt: Travis Ford on Louisville allegations: I know there's no chance that he (Rick Pitino) knew anything about it. (Ford played for Pitino at UK)
October 20, 201510 yr You guys keep holding on to the faith. Do you think these respected journalists are just making the story up? And no, that's not what I want. But I'm also not naive. It's only going to get worse as more details emerge . Pray it doesn't go to court. Who is holding on to the faith? We've all said there is a possibility he's gone. The only thing that would happen if it goes to court is McGee and Powell going to jail. Neither of which affect UofL.
October 20, 201510 yr @ESPNAndyKatz Louisville AD Tom Jurich said via school: "coach Pitino has no plans to step down and he absolutely didn't know about the allegations." If Jurich says that Pitino absolutely didn't know, then I believe him. Nothing to see here folks, it was just a rogue assistant trying to work his way up the ladder. A strong verbal lashing from the NCAA should suffice.
October 20, 201510 yr Agreed. The numbers don't match up. There's no way there were 22 parties with that many strippers and only $10k was thrown around. So there were either fewer parties and way less money, or that many parties and way more money. But in the grand scheme of things what difference would that make? Does the NCAA rulebook stipulate you can host no more than two paid sex parties per year? Or am I missing your point?
October 20, 201510 yr A - if it's strippers and not prostitutes, it is survivable for Pitino, Jurich & UofL sanctions B - "rogue DOBO" story only goes so far; if it is severe, numerous & long-term, the "rogue DOBO" angle starts to approach "lack of institutional control" which is a bigger NCAA problem C - Powell's credibility appears to be UofL's biggest asset; from initial leak to yesterday, the story was a bombshell that gradually faded and had only spurts (sorry) of life and then went back down whenever she talked or more "facts" came out D - OTL getting involved is like Jim Cantore showing up in your town during a blizzard or hurricane forecast. Don't want to see it. This is not only because OTL still has a shred of journalistic credibility compared to most of what is now EEEEEEEEEspn, but because the EEEEEEEEspn will give a platform to their own "revelations" in the investigation highlighted on OTL. Not surprising this comes up after MNF and before TNF, SAT college football and SUN NFL action. Yes, the ALCS and NLCS are going on which helps a bit, but they have to fill lots of SC time and baseball highlights, DraftKings Fantasy analysis, Tom Rinaldi handkerchief stories and SVP gambling "bad beats" only takes so many of those minutes. Got to fill with something and a juicy college basketball scandal will help. E - Pitino leaves ONLY if he doesn't want to put up with seeing this all the way through the independent investigation (and I doubt he goes out this way voluntarily). Jurich now has nowhere to go until this runs its course, so I suspect they bunker down, ride out the storm focus on games when they start and wait for the independent investigation to be completed. If they don't have a top 20 team, they self-impose Syracuse-style before postseason action. If they have a chance (which I don't think they will), they probably can't complete the full investigation until APR or MAY. F - If the independent investigation concludes that major infractions were committed, Jurich, Pitino and, possibly Ramsey, all take the fall and UofL starts from scratch building again. Also, Petrino is put on "double secret probation" and told if he gets an offer from other schools, he is free to go. Is is baseball season yet? Dan McDonald -- take me away!!!!
October 20, 201510 yr I agree. As much as I like to jab back and forth with Louisville fans during basketball season, this would be a shame if this is how Pitino's career ended. I agree. He deserves a better ending than this.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.