October 20, 201510 yr I can see Pitino knowing about the parties. I can't wrap my head around Pitino knowing that his players were having solicited sex. I can't see that kind of detailed information making its way back to Pitino. Plausible deniability. This seems more and more like McGee taking matters into his own hands and making horrible decisions. The question I have is where did he get the money from if it wasn't his? Has to be a booster. Every school has a Buddy Garrity.
October 20, 201510 yr I thought McGee left after the 2014 season and that he was transitioning when Lyles and Blakeney went down. The report this morning said that McGee arranged for the "services" for Blakeney 3 months after he left UL.
October 20, 201510 yr From the OTL article I linked....Powell said she asked McGee whether Pitino knew about the parties: "I said, 'Does Pitino know about this?' And he said, 'He's Rick. He knows about everything.'" While Powell said she has no firsthand knowledge Pitino knew about the parties, she finds it hard to believe he wouldn't have: "Four years, a boatload of recruits, a boatload of dancers, loud music, alcohol, security, cameras, basketball players who came in [to the dorm] at will ... " It's easy to "not know things" when you stay as far away as possible from the things you don't want to know about. I have a hard time believing he didn't know something was going on during those evenings, which is why he stayed away from all of it to claim later he didn't know. Edit: I see @PurplePride92 said it better than me. So at least you beat me in that brother!
October 20, 201510 yr I'm going to take a break from all this to talk about a point that we seem to have glossed over: IT DIDN'T BLOODY WELL WORK. Lyle and Blakeney have been at the center of this and they didn't matriculate at Louisville. Other than that it seems to have been players not recruits as much. Recruiting is creepy and I hate it and why the devil do I still care about college sports? Edit: just re-read that Terry Rozier is also called out as getting loved up by a sex worker while he was being recruited. This all just gets better and better.
October 20, 201510 yr It's easy to "not know things" when you stay as far away as possible from the things you don't want to know about. I have a hard time believing he didn't know something was going on during those evenings, which is why he stayed away from all of it to claim later he didn't know. Edit: I see @PurplePride92 said it better than me. So at least you beat me in that brother! Ha. Ha.
October 20, 201510 yr I can see Pitino knowing about the parties. I can't wrap my head around Pitino knowing that his players were having solicited sex. I can't see that kind of detailed information making its way back to Pitino. Plausible deniability. This seems more and more like McGee taking matters into his own hands and making horrible decisions. The question I have is where did he get the money from if it wasn't his? Has to be a booster. Every school has a Buddy Garrity. I think I agree with what you are saying. I just find it hard to believe that Pitino didn't get some whiff of info and just chose not to know. We maybe thinking the same thing. Either way he cannot claim that he knew nothing, just isn't believable.
October 20, 201510 yr The report this morning said that McGee arranged for the "services" for Blakeney 3 months after he left UL. I read that in the book also. I just wonder if he may have been transitioning jobs at the time or just overly loyal to UL. I can't trust Katina Powell to know or understand the intricacies of McGee's job situation. It's obvious he was still in contact with UL somehow someway if he was still coordinating recruiting efforts for UL after he took on the new job. On the surface it sounds like he was transitioning but he is pretty stupid so who knows.
October 20, 201510 yr I think I agree with what you are saying. I just find it hard to believe that Pitino didn't get some whiff of info and just chose not to know. We maybe thinking the same thing. Either way he cannot claim that he knew nothing, just isn't believable. I think he probably knew they were getting booty. I don't think he knew Andre was paying for it.
October 20, 201510 yr This whole story is crazy and funny and sad at the same time. :lol2: :no: :lol2:
October 20, 201510 yr By the way, I don't like Pitino, Jurich, Petrino, or Louisville but I know several good people who are Louisville fans. I can honestly say I hate this for them, if this were UK is would be sick over it, believe me I remember the late 80's.
October 20, 201510 yr I think he probably knew they were getting booty. I don't think he knew Andre was paying for it. If he denies knowing they were getting sex then we really know he's lying. :lol2: That's a given
October 20, 201510 yr This whole story is crazy and funny and sad at the same time. :lol2: :no: :lol2: I was posting at the same time. It's an odd thing for me, I love to see Louisville lose but this just isn't enjoyable, which makes it sad. I'm a ball of emotions.:idunno:
October 20, 201510 yr Let's be honest, there's a revolving door at the dorm for girls going to players rooms in both football and basketball at Louisville.
October 20, 201510 yr Let's be honest, there's a revolving door at the dorm for girls going to players rooms in both football and basketball at Louisville. Not sure you can limit that to Louisville. If I were a star player and 20 years old, I would have a revolving door installed.
October 20, 201510 yr Stephen A with a good point about Jurich. Athletic Department is in charge of running the dorms and "policing" what goes on in there...that would fall directly on Jurich's lap it would seem.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.