Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Louisville First

Featured Replies

We'll see. If the project wasn't done, what was the need to rush it?

 

Had to ruin Louisville's big recruiting weekend.

  • Replies 867
  • Views 100k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure how to link to a tweet, but Jeff Greer reported yesterday that the hard cover and ebook have the same content.

I'm not sure how to link to a tweet, but Jeff Greer reported yesterday that the hard cover and ebook have the same content.

 

Looked it up and found the tweet you are referring to.

Per Jeff Greer and an attorney, Powell's daughters were not underage... I guess nobody wanted to jump at the chance to post that.

Per Jeff Greer and an attorney, Powell's daughters were not underage... I guess nobody wanted to jump at the chance to post that.

 

Sounds like she finally got smart and realized she was going to go to prison for human trafficking.

Ms. Powell has hired a Louisville area attorney. As Deuce says, the attorney says they weren't underage. Which begs the questions: Why would she say they were if they werent? Why would the Mr. Cady and/or the publisher, who stand by the veracity of Ms. Powell, allow it to be published?

Sounds like she finally got smart and realized she was going to go to prison for human trafficking.

 

Did they put in the book that the daughters were underage, or did it just mention the daughters? I haven't read it.

Did they put in the book that the daughters were underage, or did it just mention the daughters? I haven't read it.

 

It said in the book that they were 15 and 17.

It said in the book that they were 15 and 17.

 

So they blatantly lied. :lol2:

1.) Whether it be the stress of the job or the personality traits that lead one to attend law school in the first place, I've heard many war stories about the embarrassing actions of otherwise brilliant lawyers.

2.) Larry Wilder has represented more than one individual that the majority of this board would be familiar with.

3.) Obviously something nefarious occurred involving at a minimum Katina Powell and someone(s) associated with the University of Louisville basketball program.

4.) Because of number (3) I would be naive to think that the program won't receive at least some sort of deserved punishment.

 

With the above said, I would love to find out all of the details about how this story came to light. Obviously Powell had an ax to grind, but she has gotten some pretty terrible advice along the way. Even if everything is proven false (which I doubt), the damage has already been done. This whole ordeal is such an embarrassment for the program I already devote too much time towards following.

 

Of course the accuser is the type of person who would pimp out her own daughters (regardless of age) so maybe my own biggest problem is trying to attribute any sort of rationality to an individual who doesn't think that way. Still, we're supposed to believe that out of the goodness of her heart Powell first called the NCAA which wasn't interested in her story, then had enough computer acumen to google a book publisher that didn't exist until her story was already told but didn't google her potential attorney to figure out he was the trash can guy?

How is that even possible? That can't be real. :lol2:

 

It's absolutely real.

5 former players have confirmed to ESPN's Outside the Lines that they attended parties with paid strippers at Minardi Hall. Just "breaking" on Mike & Mike right now...

 

Former Louisville Basketball Recruit: "It was Like I was in a Strip Club"

 

One of the former players said he had sex with a dancer after McGee paid her. Each of the players and recruits attended different parties at Billy Minardi Hall, where dancers, many of whom stripped naked, were present. Three of the five players said they attended parties as recruits and also when they played for Louisville.

Said one of the recruits who ultimately signed to play elsewhere: "I knew they weren't college girls. It was crazy. It was like I was in a strip club."

 

The bolded are bad news...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.