Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Louisville First

Featured Replies

If Andre was supplying the coin for this, that is one big concern out of the way for the Cards. No booster or school money used.

 

I'm not an expert at NCAA infractions, but I'm not sure how if it is just McGee's money that it makes things any better. I'm pretty sure that a coach can't give a recruit a T-shirt while on a visit, so pretty sure paying for hookers would be out of the question as well.

  • Replies 867
  • Views 100k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not an expert at NCAA infractions, but I'm not sure how if it is just McGee's money that it makes things any better. I'm pretty sure that a coach can't give a recruit a T-shirt while on a visit, so pretty sure paying for hookers would be out of the question as well.
It won't make much...but 1 rogue coach is better than 1 rouge coach and rouge boosters as well.
I'm not an expert at NCAA infractions, but I'm not sure how if it is just McGee's money that it makes things any better. I'm pretty sure that a coach can't give a recruit a T-shirt while on a visit, so pretty sure paying for hookers would be out of the question as well.

 

I can't speak for the NCAA, but as a fan and a UofL graduate, I'm certainly not nearly as uncomfortable with the whole situation when it's a 25-year-old employee trying to act like a big shot than if it had turned out some booster or older coach was tossing him cash for these parties.

It's because they are white.

 

No way I'm inviting the white guy to the prostitue party. He'll just want to take a bunch of selfies.

At no point in his time at UL was he a bench assistant. He was a grad assistant and then director of operations. Making that much as a DOBO is crazy...

 

For some reason that just doesn't seem that crazy to me. Is this typically a 50-60k job?

Asked around a little more, and while it is high it isn't out of the ordinary for the power programs. Number I got for the job at UK is in the 225K range. Arizona, Texas, Ohio State and the like are in the 75-100K range. So, 100K is crazy high for about 98% of the sport, but on par with the top 2%...

 

This makes sense.

I can't speak for the NCAA, but as a fan and a UofL graduate, I'm certainly not nearly as uncomfortable with the whole situation when it's a 25-year-old employee trying to act like a big shot than if it had turned out some booster or older coach was tossing him cash for these parties.

 

I get that. I'm just looking for the standpoint of a possible NCAA penalty. I don't think they will care whether or not the head coach knew of any extra benefits or not or who paid for it, if they can prove that someone on the basketball staff did, than that should be enough to warrant some type of punishment.

Was T Will an English major at UL ?

What's your explanation for the extra 50K he was getting compared to what GT said his salary should be?

 

Maybe he was good at it.........:sssh:

Did the actual print edition ever come out of this book?

Did the actual print edition ever come out of this book?

 

They supposedly have pushed it back to the beginning of next week.

 

They have also promised that there will be a lot of info in the print version that, for whatever reason, wasn't put in the online version... :idunno:

They supposedly have pushed it back to the beginning of next week.

 

They have also promised that there will be a lot of info in the print version that, for whatever reason, wasn't put in the online version... :idunno:

 

Reason: to sell more books.

Reason: to sell more books.

 

Right. But if it turns out there's nothing new in the print version, that will be found out soon, and their story will continue to fade from the original allegations.

I would bet there's more in the print version. That's what happens when you rush something together and try to break it before you have the project completed.

I would bet there's more in the print version. That's what happens when you rush something together and try to break it before you have the project completed.

 

We'll see. If the project wasn't done, what was the need to rush it?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.