October 9, 201510 yr Or maybe Deuce just has a life outside of his favorite college basketball team and it's legitimately not concerning to him....:idunno: If it were happening at UK, I'd have about the same concern as Deuce does. Very minimal. It's not going to kill the program. Set it back a little bit? Maybe, but oh well. Exactly my thoughts. Glad someone else gets it.
October 9, 201510 yr Keep Dreamin' boys . NCAA will be on line 1 real soon . And yes , I want UL to crash and burn. Well back to my life outside of my favorite team.
October 9, 201510 yr Charge- lack of Control on Pitino 10-12 game suspension. This might be a time when I dont understand this charge. When a coach can only be with players 20 hours out of 168 hours in a week, how are they supposed to have control of them.
October 9, 201510 yr This might be a time when I dont understand this charge. When a coach can only be with players 20 hours out of 168 hours in a week, how are they supposed to have control of them. It's the new standard for the NCAA. Basically you're the head coach, if it's going on at your program, you're responsible. The purpose of it was that a team gets hit with probation or sanctions, this prevents the coach from leaving them high and dry and going somewhere else unpunished.
October 9, 201510 yr It's the new standard for the NCAA. Basically you're the head coach, if it's going on at your program, you're responsible. The purpose of it was that a team gets hit with probation or sanctions, this prevents the coach from leaving them high and dry and going somewhere else unpunished. Then let the coaches have 24/7 contact with the players. They the coaches can be responsible for another adults actions.
October 9, 201510 yr This might be a time when I dont understand this charge. When a coach can only be with players 20 hours out of 168 hours in a week, how are they supposed to have control of them. I agree. But I would assume the NCAA did this to hold coaches accountable.
October 9, 201510 yr I think The Onion had a good take on it... LOUISVILLE, KY—Following the publication of a book alleging that a member of the school’s basketball department paid women to perform sex acts for recruits, furious University of Louisville head coach Rick Pitino told reporters Wednesday that the media was trying to tarnish the name of a great escort service. “No one, I repeat no one, in the Cardinals community has anything but good things to say about these ladies, and it’s absolutely shameful to see their names get dragged through the mud,” said an enraged Pitino Furious Rick Pitino Adamant Media Trying To Tarnish Name Of Great Escort Service - The Onion - America's Finest News Source
October 9, 201510 yr Or maybe Deuce just has a life outside of his favorite college basketball team and it's legitimately not concerning to him....:idunno: If it were happening at UK, I'd have about the same concern as Deuce does. Very minimal. It's not going to kill the program. Set it back a little bit? Maybe, but oh well. Very nice post. Would guess that most Cards fans are here, certainly all of the ones I know.
October 9, 201510 yr Then let the coaches have 24/7 contact with the players. They the coaches can be responsible for another adults actions. They made sure they killed Joe Paterno for an adults actions.
October 9, 201510 yr Keep Dreamin' boys . NCAA will be on line 1 real soon . And yes , I want UL to crash and burn. Well back to my life outside of my favorite team. Just because you are immature in your fandom doesn't mean every fan of every team is that way too. :thumb:
October 9, 201510 yr Just because you are not too concerned doesnt mean the NCAA isn't . L1C4 . Where did I say the NCAA wasn't or shouldn't be concerned?
October 9, 201510 yr They made sure they killed Joe Paterno for an adults actions. Do you think these two are apples to apples?
October 9, 201510 yr Deuce , this lil ( bro) scandal isnt a big deal , quit caring what us immature UK fans think .
October 9, 201510 yr Deuce ' date=' this lil ( bro) scandal isnt a big deal , quit caring what us immature UK fans think .[/quote'] At least you know what you are.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.