Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Louisville First

Featured Replies

What's your explanation for the extra 50K he was getting compared to what GT said his salary should be?

 

I don't need an explanation for it. No offense to GT, but his word isn't law on the salaries of other schools' basketball staffs. I don't know why his salary is what it was, but that's really none of my business. Assuming what you are is nothing more than speculation and looking for something isn't there.

  • Replies 867
  • Views 100k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't need an explanation for it. No offense to GT' date=' but his word isn't law on the salaries of other schools' basketball staffs. I don't know why his salary is what it was, but that's really none of my business. Assuming what you are is nothing more than speculation and looking for something isn't there.[/quote']

 

I wasn't assuming it to be true. I was just asking if that could be possible.

I don't need an explanation for it. No offense to GT, but his word isn't law on the salaries of other schools' basketball staffs. I don't know why his salary is what it was, but that's really none of my business. Assuming what you are is nothing more than speculation and looking for something isn't there.

 

I know multiple opps guys at high major schools across the country. Hell, I know the one at UL before McGee and I can assure you 100K is a crazy high salary...

I know multiple opps guys at high major schools across the country. Hell, I know the one at UL before McGee and I can assure you 100K is a crazy high salary...

 

I'm not doubting your knowledge on the matter.

I wasn't assuming it to be true. I was just asking if that could be possible.

 

Anything is possible. Zero percent chance it's true, and even less that it could be proven.

I know multiple opps guys at high major schools across the country. Hell' date=' I know the one at UL before McGee and I can assure you 100K is a crazy high salary...[/quote']

 

So why was McGee making a crazy high salary? In your opinion.

So why was McGee making a crazy high salary? In your opinion.

 

Asked around a little more, and while it is high it isn't out of the ordinary for the power programs. Number I got for the job at UK is in the 225K range. Arizona, Texas, Ohio State and the like are in the 75-100K range. So, 100K is crazy high for about 98% of the sport, but on par with the top 2%...

Asked around a little more' date=' and while it is high it isn't out of the ordinary for the power programs. Number I got for the job at UK is in the 225K range. Arizona, Texas, Ohio State and the like are in the 75-100K range. So, 100K is crazy high for about 98% of the sport, but on par with the top 2%...[/quote']

 

Fair enough.

Texting with a high major assistant on the matter, and when I said what McGee was making he replied "Wow. God bless him"... :lol2:

I guess that theory is debunked.

I guess that theory is debunked.

 

What it does show is that McGee could have easily funded this by himself on that salary...

What it does show is that McGee could have easily funded this by himself on that salary...

 

Agreed. I said that from the beginning once I learned what he was making.

So Andre was making 100k+, probably no debt, most if not all meals for free, and living in a dorm. Dude had plenty of scratch.

 

One of my biggest surprises in this whole ordeal is that somebody on the staff was living in Minardi.

What it does show is that McGee could have easily funded this by himself on that salary...

 

That's what I was getting at. I was under the impression that his salary was significantly less. He definitely could have paid this out of his own pocket.

If Andre was supplying the coin for this, that is one big concern out of the way for the Cards. No booster or school money used.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.