Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Louisville First

Featured Replies

But in the grand scheme of things what difference would that make? Does the NCAA rulebook stipulate you can host no more than two paid sex parties per year? Or am I missing your point?

 

I don't really have a point with that, other than I think the varying stories hamper the validity of some of her claims. It doesn't matter in the eyes of the NCAA, you're right.

  • Replies 867
  • Views 100k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No way I'm inviting the white guy to the prostitue party. He'll just want to take a bunch of selfies.

 

Idiocy knows ALL colors.

I don't really have a point with that, other than I think it the varying stories doubt the validity of some of her claims. It doesn't matter in the eyes of the NCAA, you're right.

 

It very well does make one question her character. However her having bad character has never been in doubt from the beginning, IMO. I think that's a given when you openly admit you pimped out your daughters. But again, I doubt it will change whatever the NCAA decides to do about this. I know you or anyone else may not believe me, but I hope this isn't as bad as it sounds.

@chrisDuderstadt: Travis Ford on Louisville allegations: I know there's no chance that he (Rick Pitino) knew anything about it. (Ford played for Pitino at UK)

 

Again, I don't understand why any coach (or player) would want to voice an opinion on this. I'd stay as far away as possible.

It very well does make one question her character. However her having bad character has never been in doubt from the beginning, IMO. I think that's a given when you openly admit you pimped out your daughters. But again, I doubt it will change whatever the NCAA decides to do about this. I know you or anyone else may not believe me, but I hope this isn't as bad as it sounds.

 

It's not her character but her credibility. Obviously quite a bit happened that never should have and repercussions will be had. The problem is with the two sides of every story thing, we only have hers and we don't even know what that is. Some of it doesn't add up and some of it changes every time her or one of her representatives talks.

 

I don't know if it has been mentioned before, but with no inside knowledge, my opinion of the whole ordeal agrees with the famous Jaquan Lyle quote, "the gist of what she said was true." I also think that Powell wasn't keeping journals and a ledger all along. I think something changed (maybe her tickets and player hookups in McGee and/or Chane were no longer associated with the program? maybe a perceived slight? maybe something else?) and she created her journals after the fact.

Again, I don't understand why any coach (or player) would want to voice an opinion on this. I'd stay as far away as possible.

 

Ford is different. If you consider someone a friend you come to their defense if you believe.

 

But I agree in general most players and coaches should answer " No comment ".

It's not her character but her credibility. Obviously quite a bit happened that never should have and repercussions will be had. The problem is with the two sides of every story thing, we only have hers and we don't even know what that is. Some of it doesn't add up and some of it changes every time her or one of her representatives talks.

 

I don't know if it has been mentioned before, but with no inside knowledge, my opinion of the whole ordeal agrees with the famous Jaquan Lyle quote, "the gist of what she said was true." I also think that Powell wasn't keeping journals and a ledger all along. I think something changed (maybe her tickets and player hookups in McGee and/or Chane were no longer associated with the program? maybe a perceived slight? maybe something else?) and she created her journals after the fact.

 

See I disagree I think she kept the journals from the start knowing she was going to blackmail someone. She saw a payday. I think what hasn't been revealed yet is she came to someone for a payoff before she went public.

See I disagree I think she kept the journals from the start knowing she was going to blackmail someone. She saw a payday. I think what hasn't been revealed yet is she came to someone for a payoff before she went public.

 

Brings to mind the texts that Tiger Woods' ladies managed to keep for possible later use. I've never understood what a guy worth over a billion dollars was thinking when he handed all his secret gals a written blackmail opportunity.

See I disagree I think she kept the journals from the start knowing she was going to blackmail someone. She saw a payday. I think what hasn't been revealed yet is she came to someone for a payoff before she went public.

 

That makes perfect sense, but with each of evidence that came out, I have sometimes been burned by trying to think rationally from her situation.

 

Also, a potential payoff request doesn't necessarily prove that she kept notes all along. I should probably clarify my original post. I think something changed which caused her to write down her account, but I think that happened in the timeline a lot closer to the day she contacted IBJ than the day she first met anyone associated with the basketball program.

Whatever happens to the U L personnel it won't take long for UL to be a major school in the NCAA because of the love of college basketball in Louisville. Siimilar to when UK was on probation in Pitino's first year at UK.

To speak on the "quality" of the girls in this situation. Bob Valvano made an interesting (and funny IMO) point when it came to Rick's knowledge/involvement in the situation. I'm paraphrasing, but he said "Pitino wears Armani suits. If he was going to arrange strippers and prostitutes for his team/recruits, it wouldn't have been Katina Powell." :lol2:

 

Has Bob Valvano ever seen Karen Sypher?

 

Most of the folks at UL need to be fired as well.

 

I'm pretty sure you'd be content if they just set fire to the whole place and called it a day.

I'm pretty sure you'd be content if they just set fire to the whole place and called it a day.

 

Not true at all. I like Louisville.

I'm pretty sure you'd be content if they just set fire to the whole place and called it a day.

 

Or moved it to Southern Indiana.

Color me in the holding out for the facts here. Considering the players involved, and now seeing and listening to the author, I'm a bit skeptical.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.