Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Louisville First

Featured Replies

  • Replies 867
  • Views 99.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think anyone but the most blind of supporters thought the NCAA would buy that. Most of us know that Pitino will ultimately face at least some measure of suspension for what happened.

Sorry Shamrock. :lol2:

I don't think anyone but the most blind of supporters thought the NCAA would buy that. Most of us know that Pitino will ultimately face at least some measure of suspension for what happened.

 

You think that will be the end of it, a few games suspension for Coach and just carry on from there with no other penalties?

You think that will be the end of it, a few games suspension for Coach and just carry on from there with no other penalties?

 

There's a reason I used the phrasing "at least". I don't know what's going to happen, but the suspension is the minimum I expect.

“Put simply,” the NCAA said, “arranging and funding sexual intercourse for a prospective student athlete on an official visit is a severe violation, wholly inconsistent with NCAA principles, whether valued at $80 or $120.

 

Although not new to anyone, the frankness of that statement would cause me alarm, if I'm UofL.

There's a reason I used the phrasing "at least". I don't know what's going to happen, but the suspension is the minimum I expect.

You seemed to only be referring to Pitino and a personal suspension in saying "at least", that's why I asked the follow up. If you meant it all encompassing of all possible penalties that's fine, it just didn't read like that.

  • Author

L1C4....

Pitino will get a slap in the wrist. Maybe suspended 4 games to start the season against cupcakes anyway. If it was UK investigation it would be ugly and Cal would get crushed.

Please.

 

First, Pitino needs to go. He's become a distraction and ammunition for other coaches.

 

Second. Cal has skated before and would likely skate again.

After reading the NCAA's response, I'm going with 13 game (so basically non-conference schedule) suspension for Pitino and a 1 year postseason ban as their punishment.

After reading the NCAA's response, I'm going with 13 game (so basically non-conference schedule) suspension for Pitino and a 1 year postseason ban as their punishment.

 

Would not be at all surprising. Pitino needs to be the one that pays for all this (and McGee obviously, but we already know the result of this is that he'll never coach in the NCAA again), but a bunch of players who weren't even being recruited yet at the time all this was happening are going to pay for it.

 

If it came down to a choice --which it doesn't. -- I wish they'd hammer Pitino harder and spare everyone the ban.

After reading the NCAA's response, I'm going with 13 game (so basically non-conference schedule) suspension for Pitino and a 1 year postseason ban as their punishment.

 

If they do wind up getting another year suspension, I sure hope that's announced in time for a player like Donovan Mitchell to make a decision on going to the NBA draft or not.

Would not be at all surprising. Pitino needs to be the one that pays for all this (and McGee obviously, but we already know the result of this is that he'll never coach in the NCAA again), but a bunch of players who weren't even being recruited yet at the time all this was happening are going to pay for it.

 

If it came down to a choice --which it doesn't. -- I wish they'd hammer Pitino harder and spare everyone the ban.

 

One thing I'll say for Pitino...I admire the fact that he's hung around for all this. He very easily could've just checked out and retired leaving the school to bear the weight of any punishment. He's sticking it out. Not sure a lot of coaches would do that.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.