October 4, 201510 yr My thoughts I would assume some cash has been exchanged. Not against NCAA Rules - Did violate KY law. That depends on where the money came from If it came from a coach or booster then I'm pretty sure the NCAA has a rule against that.
October 4, 201510 yr My Thoughts... Did Pitino "Know" exactly what was going on...probably not Did McGee pay for strippers to strip and have sex with recruits/players...I think so Did someone else give McGee the money...either they gave it to him or he took it from an open expense account for basketball related expenses and falsified receipts or documents Did others (in Basketball Operations) know this was going on...probably, but that doesn't mean they didn't keep it from Rick. I would be shocked to find out that Pitino had any actual knowledge of this entire thing beyond what he's learned after it came out.
October 4, 201510 yr Author My Thoughts... Did Pitino "Know" exactly what was going on...probably not Did McGee pay for strippers to strip and have sex with recruits/players...I think so Did someone else give McGee the money...either they gave it to him or he took it from an open expense account for basketball related expenses and falsified receipts or documents Did others (in Basketball Operations) know this was going on...probably, but that doesn't mean they didn't keep it from Rick. I would be shocked to find out that Pitino had any actual knowledge of this entire thing beyond what he's learned after it came out. Kind of sums up my thoughts as well. The truth usually lies somewhere in the middle. IF all of this is a complete fabrication, I hope UL goes after these "ladies" with as much firepower as possible. That always bothered me about the Jones rape accusations. To my knowledge, the girl who accused him of rape is living a normal care free life. No penalty for attempting to ruin a guys life.
October 5, 201510 yr That depends on where the money came from If it came from a coach or booster then I'm pretty sure the NCAA has a rule against that. True but I would be willing to bet MeGee will never say anyone gave it to him.
October 5, 201510 yr True but I would be willing to bet MeGee will never say anyone gave it to him. If he's from my side of the hood he won't. His new middle name should now be "Casey" as in Dwayne.
October 5, 201510 yr Pulitzer Prize-winning co-author of 'Breaking Cardinal Rules' sa - WDRB 41 Louisville News
October 5, 201510 yr Personal opinions? 1) Pitino knew 2) Pitino wish he didn't know 3) Money is the root of college basketball evils 4) The only thing that will now change at universities coast to coast is that they will be more careful
October 5, 201510 yr Who all has read the book? Not me. Don't plan to. Just seems like a waste of money to me.
October 5, 201510 yr If McGee "Wired" or "Electronically Transferred" the money to her for an illegal act, would that also be a Federal Crime? Supposedly the book has copies of some of these "Transfers"...that could be a real chink in the armor. McGee may be willing to fall on the sword and give up his college coaching career, but what if he's threatened with prison...will he go to prison for L1C4?
October 5, 201510 yr LSU's Antonio Blakeney was named in the book. When he went to LSU some at UL supposedly claimed that LSU did something below board to get him. Does he take this chance to blast UL? LSU's Antonio Blakeney reportedly talks with NCAA about new book that alleges Louisville used sexual favors in recruiting | NOLA.com
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.